ACD and other Collections

More
20 Jan 2012 15:27 #21963 by Mike Dube
Mike Dube replied the topic: Collections
I have an eclectic mix of diecast cars: All scales, many ACD, some Ford, a few Packards, and a lot of everything else. I also seem to collect a lot of junk of all types, at least that's what the better half calls it.

:rolleyes:

Mike
8-100A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2012 13:31 #21980 by Curt Schulze
Curt Schulze replied the topic: Collections
Well there are :
34-36 Auburns
34-36 Auburn parts
34-36 Auburn literature and factory manuals
Auburn tools, clocks etc.
Old gas pumps back to 1904
Old gas and auto related signs ( you can't be seen from outer space if you don't have at least 100)
Oil company promotional mini banks
Gas globes
1950's toy John Deere tractors and implements
7Up OLD bottles and promotilal stuff, coolers etc.
A complete set of Chevrolet hood ornments 1927-1956
Matched pairs of Wisconsin license plates pre 1943 (almost complete)
Lightning rods, balls, wind directionals.
1950's Wings airplane cards.

Janine has more stuff than I do. Praise the Lord it is all in miniature so we can still enter the house.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• auburn-kid
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
22 Jan 2012 22:42 #21987 by auburn-kid
auburn-kid replied the topic:
When we were kids, my grandma got us started "collecting". I decided that I wanted to collect Black Amethyst. I based this decision on a piece that my grandma already had. I liked that when the light shows through the "black" looking glass it looks purple. Black Amethyst is a glass that was made in the 1920s and 30s, which also fits my taste in cars. It is also interesting that variations of it were even made through the 80s - not my favorite automotive era! I now have so much of it that I can't even display all of it. I love that most of it was given to me by my grandparents for Christmas and birthdays. I love to use it for special occasions and decorating during the holidays.

I also have a large collection of "event" posters from shows that I have attended over the years. These are fun to look back through every once and awhile.

Kellie Janousek
Life Member #170

• Frank Guzik
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
22 Jan 2012 23:40 #21988 by Frank Guzik
Frank Guzik replied the topic:
I collect parts and pieces related to my 31, any ACD or Festival things, license plates from cars I've owned and some that friends have added to my collection. In my ACD stuff I have a nice ACD belt buckle and an Auburn pocket knife. And like Mike alot of stuff, hope I don't have to move.
Frank

Frank Guzik
1931 Auburn 898-A
Auburn IN

More
24 Jan 2012 02:30 #21995 by Brad J.
Brad J. replied the topic:
I have a problem with spray guns and air compressors.
Real guns are also addictive.
31' Buick parts for spares and literature
Early 90's ATK dirtbikes and parts.
Old John Deere tractors.
I also collect firewood every fall and seem to lose it all winter. Then start over the next year. It's a never ending collection but at least it's my cheapest.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jan 2012 02:46 #21996 by
replied the topic:
The wife says all I collect is junk...this from the women who brings home rusty metal that can't be used on a car and baskets we're not allowed to put anything in. I guess I'll never understand.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds