O'Quinn Case Settles!!

• Greg Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Jan 2012 16:28 #21865 by Greg Riley
Replied by Greg Riley on topic New statement from O'Q estate
This a.m. I posted the latest statement from the O'Quinn estate to my blog. I believe there are still a couple of chapters left to this saga.

[url:2q0h8hw0]http://garagedlx.blogspot.com/[/url:2q0h8hw0]

Greg

Greg Riley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverghost
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2012 14:36 #21860 by silverghost
Replied by silverghost on topic O'Quinn Case Settles!!
Greg~
I stand corrected~~~
There are a lot of rumors circulating out there on this O'Quinn will/trust issue.~~~
I based my above post on those rumors.

You have helped set the facts straight.
I really appreciate this~

Thank's...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• Greg Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2012 14:27 #21859 by Greg Riley
Replied by Greg Riley on topic O'Quinn Case Settles!!

I have always found it stunning, and very sad, that the late Mr John O'Quinn , a very high profile tort litagation attorney, did not appear to have ever executed any will , or trust~~~

Brad, actually O'Quinn did set-up the John M. O'Quinn foundation, and did leave a will. However, the will named his foundation as the sole beneficiary of his estate, leaving nothing to his constant companion for over ten years.

It was Darla Lexington's contention that she and O'Quinn were common law married. Many including the lawyers representing his foundation disputed both her position, and her claim that she actually owned the car collection.

Apparently pre-trial depositions provided substantive evidence that she had a strong claim. There were at least two mock wedding ceremonies between her and O'Quinn and they both apparently wore wedding rings.

Darla is a very nice lady who devoted herself to the care of the extremely high maintenance O'Quinn. I'm very happy for her and proud to call her my friend.

Greg Riley

• silverghost
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2012 08:05 #21858 by silverghost
Replied by silverghost on topic O'Quinn Case Settles!!
Always make sure you have a will, or properly executed trust, and a power of attorney for the sake of your loved ones that are left behind after any sudden illness , or your passing..

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• Greg Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2012 07:01 #21857 by Greg Riley
O'Quinn Case Settles!! was created by Greg Riley
A source close to the O'Quinn situation has just informed The Garage that a settlement was reached late this afternoon between presumptive O'Quinn wife Darla O'Quinn nee Lexington and the estate of John M. O'Quinn.
[url:31ebve87]http://garagedlx.blogspot.com/2012/01/oquinn-case-settles.html[/url:31ebve87]

Greg Riley