Skip to main content

speedometer refurbishment

• auburn-kid
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
02 Aug 2011 00:58 #20637 by auburn-kid
Replied by auburn-kid on topic speedometer refurbishment
Our shop, Janousek Restorations, LLC, has used Bob's Speedometer Service, Inc. in Howell, MI. We have toured the facility, it has been family owned since 1929, they have MANY screens for the original speedometers, temperature guagages, etc of very exotic cars, boats, planes, etc. We have been very happy with the work that they have done. Just be forewarned that quality comes at a price, and their services are in demand. They will provide an estimate before completing any work.

I am not compensated by my endorsement of this facility. However, their work speaks for itself. I also like that it is family owned and "Made in Michigan"!

Bob's Speedometer Shop 1-800-592-9673

Kellie Janousek
Life Member #170

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Neal Ziff
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Jul 2011 04:19 #20582 by Neal Ziff
Replied by Neal Ziff on topic speedometer refurbishment
Thanks for feedback everyone. I found a "local" guy in L.A. - Speedometer Plus. Jacob @ 310-838-7350. He did a good job, quickly. The instrument now runs smoothly and accurately. If I can avoid it I prefer not to ship parts. I feel more comfortable when I deal with someone in person.
Thanks,
Neal

Neal

More
26 Jul 2011 16:29 #20577 by curt
Replied by curt on topic speedometer refurbishment
Hi Neal, I had the water temp guage for my 28 done by RS Guage works in Phoenix 602-978-1746

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
20 Jul 2011 03:01 #20540 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic speedometer refurbishment
Abbott Instruments is one I can think of.

• Neal Ziff
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 Jul 2011 04:16 #20504 by Neal Ziff
speedometer refurbishment was created by Neal Ziff
I began this thread under Auburn almost 9 months ago. It's amazing how much time can pass between resolving issues with our cars. When first posted I was looking for advice on what lubricant to use on the speedo cable of my Auburn 8-95. Well, I finally pulled the cable and housing (took all of 10 minutes - what took me so long??) and lubricated it. After replacing I still had the same occasional howl from the cable and spin from the speedometer. I removed the cable from the back of the instrument while driving and the noise went away immediately. The cable spins well and the end seems to be in good shape. So, now I need suggestions on where to send my speedometer to have it checked out. Thanks in advance for any help.

Neal

Neal