Skip to main content

ID of Header photos?

• memaerobilia
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
04 May 2011 19:10 #19998 by memaerobilia
Replied by memaerobilia on topic ID of Header photos?
Thanks for the response, David;
The yellow mini may well have been E.L.Cord's, but it was not a one-off, (as can be seen in the attached photo.) and I was wondering about more of their history?as can be seen in the attached National Air Races photo.
This Original 8 x 10 photo comes from my archives of original files from Cliff Henderson, who ran the National Air Races and many other Aviation (and Auto and Boat) shows. (1929-39). Henderson used around 20 different Cords & Auburns from 1929-39, according to the photos in his albums. Everything from numerous L-29s to various Auburn Speedsters, and a wide variety of open Cords, for his NAR parades, and for VIP cars for The National Air Races. Cliff and his brother Phil, had many dealings with E.L.Cord, including their involvement with the famous Pan Pacific Arena, which they built and ran, and then E.L. Cord took over controlling interest, with them STILL running it.
Incidentally, I was surprised to learn that some members of the forum thought I had been 'watermarking' my photos so I could sell them, or copies of them. Actually, I usually mark most photos that I post on the Internet, as they are invariably copied (or cropped), without source credit, then widely re-posted, elsewhere, by others, with my collection getting no credit as the source. But With the marking, people contact me with Wonderful historical anecdotes and stories related to the photos, or provide correct identities etc., and I am able to learn a great deal more, about them..

Joe G.
hundreds of our early photos or planes, racecars, customs classics @ www.memaerobilia.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2011 18:07 #19997 by DJT
Replied by DJT on topic ID of Header photos?
Think the mini was E.L. Cord's and the lil "kid" in the car is our current Club President Bill Hummel ;)

It can be seen currently at the ACD Museum... the car, not Bill.

-David
member: Professional Photographer Association
TnT Shutterbug Photography
www.tntshutterbugphotography.com

• memaerobilia
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
04 May 2011 15:06 #19995 by memaerobilia
ID of Header photos? was created by memaerobilia
I have done some searching, but no luck in finding the answer to my question.
Where would we find the identifty of the various header photos? (That keep changing, in the upper left corner of the forum pages)

I was very interested in the (current) little yellow mini-Auburn, and it's history. I am certain there were groups of these mini-Auburns, that were actually featured, as entertainment, during the early 1930's National Air Races, as being raced by military pilots. (who could only sit on the back of the tail, due to their adult size...)

Joe G.
hundreds of our early photos or planes, racecars, customs classics @ www.memaerobilia.com