Skip to main content

Bad news. I will likely have to sell my Cord.

• Dutch Jacobs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 Mar 2004 22:24 #1403 by Dutch Jacobs
Replied by Dutch Jacobs on topic Bad news. I will likely have to sell my Cord.
I hear you.

But there are laws involved that I may not be able to circumvent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
10 Mar 2004 19:32 #1402 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Selling the Cord
Dutch-

My advice from personal experience is don't sell anything you'll regret or can't replace. Ex wives don't want old Cord parts and you can't get blood out of a turnip. Find some form of affordable storage - lock it up and throw away the key. I put a nice Cord Cabriolet in a brick garage and filled the door in so I couldn't get it out. It's been there since 1974. Wow!

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Dutch Jacobs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
05 Mar 2004 11:12 #1367 by Dutch Jacobs
Bad news. I will likely have to sell my Cord. was created by Dutch Jacobs
I am facing a divorce, and it may get ugly. More than that I shouldn't say.

I am almost retired, and found some really bad things going on when I went home on leave. It looks like I won't be able to restore the car at all, and keeping it would put it in danger of it being damaged before anything can be done about it. That would be a crime, since it is nearly complete, even though disassembled.

Because of the nature of the situation I find myself in I have to try to get as much for it as I can if I do sell it. I had considered putting word out to Harrahs and several other collections but you're seeing this here first, even though I am not 100% sure that I want to sell it yet.

I tell you what though - given the choice between something with lipstick or wheels on it I'd take the car anyday...

Dunno if I can express the disappointment I feel, nor should I here. This is for club members information at this point. You can contact me by e-mail through here.

Dutch J.