Skip to main content

Latest on Amelia Earhart

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
27 Feb 2012 13:28 #22321 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic Latest on Amelia Earhart
She has a statue in NH park and had a home in Toluca Lake. Did she park and drive her Cord in this Burbank North Hollywood area. I would imagine so as this was her home with George Putman.
This video that may be of some interest...
northhollywood.patch.com/article ... eo-9190248

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverghost
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Dec 2010 04:18 #18837 by silverghost
Replied by silverghost on topic Latest on Amelia Earhart
Others have thought they have found remains of her, or her plane many times before~~
These have all proved to be false dead-end leads~

I will believe it~~ when it is proven by proper lab work~~~
They have in reality found very little to examine again this time!

Amelia was the product of much media "Hype" and publicity by her publisher husband George Putnam~~~
He was the person who pushed her into making the record breaking flights that gained her big publicity and big money for himself !
It was he that made her a media superstar !

Sadly in reality she was not a very good pilot and she could not navigate worth a darn herself ~~~
She had many many close calls, and crashes on other flights before she finally sadly vanished into history.
My great uncle William "Wild Bill" Hunter knew her as well as her publisher husband~~~ He was a close friend of Howard Hughes and sold him Duesenberg "J 444 " ; later Hughes had it converted to tow gliders & experimental airframes. Both William & Howard were flying buddys who knew all the top aviators of the day !
Uncle William had nothing good to say about George Putnam !
He called him a media opportunist who was using Amelia & actually in fact married her for his own selfish financial motives !

Gore Vidal who was friends of both Amelia and husband George Putnam had often expressed similar thoughts ~

Amelia was pushed way beyond her flying ability~~~
She knew this too well and was an emotional wreck~
She wanted to qiut & claimed this would be her final long distance flight record attempt~~~~

Sadly it was ~~~~~~

I often wonder if her tragic loss really botherd George Putnam ?
Or had he just lost his Golden $$$ Girl ?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• Ohio AMX
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
19 Dec 2010 04:59 #18831 by Ohio AMX
Latest on Amelia Earhart was created by Ohio AMX

Scott Campbell
Medina, OH