Skip to main content

Tomorrow, 1403S will move to it's new home.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
20 Dec 2003 14:14 #1129 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Cord Road Trip
It will be interesting seeing pictures. Send them to: <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

I will get them posted. Don't wreck that thing! Be careful. There will be a lot of traffic on the road over the Holidays.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dutch Jacobs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
19 Dec 2003 10:30 #1124 by Dutch Jacobs
Tomorrow, 1403S will move to it's new home. was created by Dutch Jacobs
My right wrist hurts like hades from breaking suspension bolts loose on a diesel truck to make it a reliable towing vehicle, but it developed new problems so it is out of the picture for now. (There's a lot invested there, and I'll never give up on it).

1403S will be towed out of where it is by an F100 that I built to play in the mud with on a U-Crawl trailer. It will be towed across country by friends of mine from Tennessee who own a brand new F250 Diesel that has no problems at all. I'll be following in the same truck I showed up in California with a year ago, that same F100.

It amazes me that people care...

There are still folk left that help when something absolutely MUST happen, and thank god for them.

If I can, I'll post images from the road trip. But the trip out is nothing compared to when I get it rebuilt! I want to take it straight to Auburn Indiana when it's ready. From there the car will retrace where it has been, and then go home.

Entirely under its own power...

After that, we'll see what the future holds for it.

We leave tomorrow evening. Strangely enough - we will be a caravan of Fords and a Cord.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.