What's parked next to your ACD car?

• MICHAEL S SMITH
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
19 May 2006 18:32 #4845 by MICHAEL S SMITH
MICHAEL S SMITH replied the topic:
MY CONDOLENCES TO BOB'S FAMILY AND FRIENDS, HE WAS A GREAT GUY, AN ASSET TO THE CLUB, AND WORKED TIRELESSLY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE MUSEUM. HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED BY MYSELF AND I SURE, MANY,MANY, OTHERS.

MICHAEL S SMITH ACD LIFE MEMBER #40
851 auburn phaeton
851 auburn sedan
810 cord westchester
812 cord phaeton(ex Tressler Swiss)
812 cord custom s/c beverly
812 cord s/c cabriolet
812 cord s/c beverly
80 866 speedster (pray factory built)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbs
  • cbs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 May 2006 00:16 #4888 by cbs
cbs replied the topic:
In alphabetical order and quantity, here's the recap (so far): No Crosleys, Morris or Bolens yet. No Peerless or PIII either altho 1 RR so far.

Auburns: 12
BMW SUV: 1
Cadillac: 1
Chevrolet: 1
Cords: 9
Duesenberg: 1
Fords: 4
GMC Carryall suburban
Harleys: 2
John Deere: 2
Lincoln Zephyr: 1
Mercedes: 3
Penton: 1
Peugeot: 1
Pontiac: 1
Rolls Royce: 1
Shingles: Big pile of 'em
Yamaha: 1 :

More
31 May 2006 00:22 #4889 by AceCollins
AceCollins replied the topic: Beside the Auiburn
I forgot to mention the 1958 Shriner's Model T Go-Kart (Tin-Lizzie). It is normally either beside or in front of the 34 Auburn.

1934 Auburn 652Y Four-Door Sedan
1936 Cord 810 Westchester

More
01 Aug 2006 05:29 #5148 by Lee
Lee replied the topic: i'M SO BORING COMPARED TO THE REST OF YOU
Okay, sitting next to my 35 Auburn s/c Phaeton is my wife's 2002 Lexus GS300...a nice road car. On the opposite side is shelving with many items that keep everything working around the garage and house....

think driver; look at others

• Kevin
  • Kevin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Aug 2006 02:37 #5163 by Kevin
Kevin replied the topic: I'm not worthy
Way to go Mike, what a wonderful collection, I wish I had your cars, and you had even better.....

My little red Cord 812, is parked next to a very nicely restored 55 T-bird, with 44,444.8 original miles showing on the odometer. Really!!! Had I been paying attention I would have trailered it the last 4 tenths.

The 851 Speedster is in pieces at my restoration shop, so it sits next to allot of cars. One is my first car, a 29 Chevy I bought when I was 14, my second car, a 29 Model A bought at 15. It also gets to sit next to a J Duesenberg and related parts we are restoring, and a really trick 48 Chevrolet COE custom crewcab truck. We even have a 37 IHC truck it sits next to from time to time.

I know past parking is not allowed, but the Cord did get to sit next to Ab Jenkins Mormon Meteor a couple of years ago. Keep up the great work providing good homes for these great cars...

• Duesey
  • Duesey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Sep 2006 04:16 #5478 by Duesey
Duesey replied the topic:
Nice shot, Kevin! I hope the Meteor didn't blacken the Cord's fender when you fired it up.

Anyhow, my 35 Duesenberg SSJ is parked between my 1934 Bugatti Type 59 and 1995 McLaren F1 GTR. Unfortunately, all three are 1/18th scale. Tis' the life of a 22 year old college grad lusting after a car as old as his grandparents. One day I'll get myself an ACD car. One day.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds