Skip to main content

What is the problem with Cord people and parts?

• Slate
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
23 Mar 2006 17:10 #4579 by Slate
I was told the part was in "great shape". Not true - was falling apart. Was told that it was a specific type of interior part (otherwise I wouldn't have paid EIGHT TIMES the cost of a similar found Cord part on eB**). It was not - I kept notes of our conversation. I paid more than double to get it shipped to me vs. what it cost to ship back - in a box with only 4 sides and little shrink wrap. It was packed so well that the part was literally scraping the floor when it came in the door (on 2 sides).

Part #2 was supposedly the "good one" of the two he had - missing bolts (he said they were there), a portion of it will require replacement/repair. paid WAY too much based on his description.

next time - for most people, no picture - no deal.

There may be just a few bad apples, but you know how the saying goes...........

Personally, I could not act this way, especially toward a relatively small community of fellow car enthusiasts. But I suppose it's every man for himself to a degree nowadays.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lee Titus
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Mar 2006 17:24 #4549 by Lee Titus
Replied by Lee Titus on topic Why cord parts cost so much
When you have such a limited production car, such as the 1936-1937 Cord. you do not have much choice of used items that you might need. I have only been involved with buying Cord parts sense 2003, but have had very good success and have as a new Cord owner enjoyed talking to Cord owners and learning all I can about these wonderful cars....Lee Titus

• acdclubadmin
  • New Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Mar 2006 03:38 #4540 by acdclubadmin
Replied by acdclubadmin on topic Re: What is the problem with Cord people and parts?

Slate wrote: AGAIN! I had a problem with buying WAYYY overpriced, pieces of crap where people are dishonest/not forthcoming!

Can you be a little more specific?

Bill Hummel - Webmaster - ACD Club

• Slate
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 Mar 2006 20:58 #4533 by Slate
AGAIN! I had a problem with buying WAYYY overpriced, pieces of crap where people are dishonest/not forthcoming!

Note: if it looks like junk and it came from a cord, it's still junk!! (and not worth ten times a similar item from another car of the period)

Reason #498,709,847 I am not restoring the drive train to original.

It's unfortunate, but now I seem to have a rather skeptical view of folks (at least initially) selling anything cord related. I've been burned too much on this.

Another reason to have a cord-related services parts section of this website where others can be made aware of those dishonest folks, and more importantly, the honest ones.

Rant over.