Skip to main content

baby Duesenberg engine

• Niko Moritz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
02 Feb 2006 15:48 #4315 by Niko Moritz
Replied by Niko Moritz on topic baby Duesenberg engine
Randy: thank you very much for the information. While modeling the car I came across this patent. I suspected the car was a rear-wheel drive, but I did not realize it was based on a production Auburn.

Bill: yes, Baby Duesenberg was a prototype, there's a photo and some information on Josh Malks's webpage. As for the coupe, I will do it but as I'm rather busy at present it's difficult to say exactly when.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
02 Feb 2006 02:02 #4313 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic baby Duesenberg engine
Hello The Baby Duesenberg used a 1934 new Auburn chassis which had a Lycoming series GG engine . Best Randy

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
01 Feb 2006 22:24 #4312 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Baby Duesenberg?
Hello Niko!

Welcome to the Club website. We are all familiar with your work, it is phenomenal! Here's hoping that you do a 1936 Cord Convertible Coupe someday!

I wasn't aware that there was a Baby Duesenberg. I always thought that the Cord 800-series cars were at one time going to be released as a "Baby Duesenberg" but later were released as Cords.

Are you talking about a one-off or a prototype automobile? The front end definately looks like a cord.

• Niko Moritz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
01 Feb 2006 08:11 #4306 by Niko Moritz
baby Duesenberg engine was created by Niko Moritz
I m wondering what engine was used on baby Duesenberg? Can anybody tell it from these images?

Unlike cord this car was rear-wheel driven.