• Maurice Randall
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2005 12:32 #3558 by Maurice Randall
Replied by Maurice Randall on topic Unloading your car in Auburn
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the tip about the Auburn Gear location. I will park the truck and trailer there this year.

My wife and I will be arriving there early Saturday morning to unload the Cord. We want to drive it over and take some photos of it in front of the museum before things get too busy around there. Then we'll drive it to a restaurant for breakfast and then off to the park. My Mom and Dad (Don and Sally Randall, owners of the car) will show up sometime during the morning.

-Maurice

== 2006 will be the "50th" AUBURN Reunion ==

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Maurice Randall
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2005 12:26 #3557 by Maurice Randall
Replied by Maurice Randall on topic Unloading your car in Auburn
Yes, my Dad is Don Randall. When I said he is the oldest Wells Cargo dealer, I wasn't referring to his own age. although he will be 77 in September.

I was actually referring to the fact that he's been a Wells Cargo dealer since 1966, longer now than any other dealer. In fact, there are no employees of Wells Cargo who have been with the company as long.

In 1966, Jeff Wells went to work for his father shortly after college. Jeff is now the owner of Wells Cargo. Jeff started working there at about the same time my Dad ordered his first trailer to resell. Nobody has been able to figure out if my Dad became a dealer first or if Jeff started working there first.

You can check out a picture of my Dad taking delivery of Wells Cargo trailer number 100,000 from Jeff Wells at:

[url:azmrmbng]http://wellscargosales.com[/url:azmrmbng]

-Maurice

• MICHAEL S SMITH
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2005 04:41 #3552 by MICHAEL S SMITH
Replied by MICHAEL S SMITH on topic Unloading your car in Auburn
Maurice

The best place, and where everybody parks their trailers and motorhomes is in the parking lot at the rear of the Auburn gear factory. It has a gate through to the park in the area of the shelter house and is very convenient. It is normally shown on the area maps included in all the information packs.

MICHAEL S SMITH ACD LIFE MEMBER #40
851 auburn phaeton
851 auburn sedan
810 cord westchester
812 cord phaeton(ex Tressler Swiss)
812 cord custom s/c beverly
812 cord s/c cabriolet
812 cord s/c beverly
80 866 speedster (pray factory built)

More
18 Aug 2005 00:05 #3546 by mdsbob
Replied by mdsbob on topic Unloading your car in Auburn
Is your dad Don Randall in MI??

I bought my Wells Cargo from him about 10 yrs. ago...Go ahead tell us how old he is...

• Maurice Randall
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
17 Aug 2005 14:45 #3542 by Maurice Randall
Unloading your car in Auburn was created by Maurice Randall
Three years ago when we brought my Dad's Cord to Auburn, we parked the truck and trailer on the grassy area just to the north of the park entrance and unloaded the Cord there.

Where do most people who trailer their cars to Auburn park their rigs and unload their cars at? Is there a popular gathering spot, or does everyone just find whatever is available?

By the way, the total length of my truck and Wells Cargo trailer (a small plug for my Dad, he's the oldest Wells Cargo dealer in the world) is 58 feet, so it hogs a bit of space wherever it goes.

-Maurice