Are Members with newer cars welcome to Club functions?

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
11 Jul 2005 17:47 #3337 by Al Hatch
Al Hatch replied the topic:
Hi,

The concerns with replicars and modified cars have been around since the advent of the Club. As a member of the BOD's for the past eight years, which two of them I served as President of the Club, there has been no discussion or discouraging remarks made about the owners of replicar or modified vehicles. To that point, the BOD's changed the registration classification to read 'non original and modified'. In as much as we encourage the restoration of these fine cars we also recognize the value and participation of individuals who own replicars and modified cars and we do not under any circumstances discriminate against them.

I for one, would like to see the owners of the replicar/modified establish judging rules where as they could be judged along with the rest of the cars. The only limitations would be the car could not be elgible for 'Best Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg or Best of Show'. I believe most everyone would understand this. The question comes in as to how would one judge these cars and if there is a knowledgable group of people our there that could properly judge them to the same standards as the original cars.

Would BOD's address ligitimate request and as of this date, the current BOD's of the past eight years have never had a request to establish a judged class for these vehicles. Is there someone out there who is willing to step up to the plate and get the ball rolling?

Al Hatch, PNP
Current Board of Director member.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• balinwire
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
11 Jul 2005 19:35 #3339 by balinwire
balinwire replied the topic:
Hi ya'll,

Here are a few pictures of a mod engine bay. Nice safe driver, I am not converting mine but, Humm--- it would sure be reliable and I could tow my camper.

Looks stock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds