Duesenberg J-587 Bohman & Schwartz "Throne Car&quot

More
08 Apr 2013 13:55 #24953 by Bicknell
Bicknell replied the topic:
I have conformed that the Father DeVine car was in the Louwman Automobile Museum in The Hague as of April 9, 2012 where my friend from The Netherlands photographed it. I have the photos on an email, but don't know how to transfer them to the ACD website. I will send them to whoever asks.
Bill Bicknell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2014 05:28 #26891 by Brian R. Peterson
Brian R. Peterson replied the topic:
Hi All!

I've found some awesome pictures of the fully restored J-587:

Having seen the car clearly for the first time, I'm not quite as impressed with it as I had been back in 2004 when I posted this thread.

It's way TOO big, does not do the Duesenberg marquee any justice, and at the risk of blaspheming, I think it looks like a pregnant elephant.

Still, it IS a Duesenberg, and I would happily own and drive it. :)

~ Brian

?Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.? - General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC Commandant

More
06 Feb 2014 03:10 #26903 by Brian R. Peterson
Brian R. Peterson replied the topic:
Hi All,

Does anyone know who the new owner of J-587 is? I've been trying to locate a name from the auction lists, but so far have had no luck.

~ Brian

?Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.? - General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC Commandant

More
06 Feb 2014 12:40 #26905 by alsancle
alsancle replied the topic:
The auction companys will never publish the buyers name unless the buyer wants the publicity - which is rare.

More
06 Feb 2014 13:58 #26906 by landmark
landmark replied the topic:

Brian R. Peterson wrote: Hi All,

Does anyone know who the new owner of J-587 is? I've been trying to locate a name from the auction lists, but so far have had no luck.

~ Brian

Hello Brian,

the Throne Car is today, as Bill Bicknell said (somewhere before in this thread), a part of the (open for public) Louwman Car-Collection/Museum in The Hague/Netherlands.

Here is a link to the J-587 (museum) site http://www.louwmanmuseum.nl/ontdekken/o ... throne-car

Cheers

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Feb 2014 15:03 #26976 by
replied the topic:
I was, in a way, responsible for the restoration of the throne car. Fran Roxas was looking for a project and John O'Quinn had a project, so I put the two of them together. They negotiated and came with a maximum figure (975,000.00) for the restoration. I was appointed to assist Fran in finding correct parts for the car.

Those are the correct original colors, inside and out.

The car was longer than the ramps on the car carriers, so I devised a loading technique that would allow the car to be loaded.

WE took it to Pebble Beach, where is was totally ignored by the Judges.

Fran said if he'd known how bad the car was he probably would not have taken the job.

I've driven the car, and it aint too shabby.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds