Skip to main content

Duesenberg shocks

More
31 Jan 2014 13:00 #26837 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Duesenberg shocks
Randy will confirm but my understanding was that the front shocks only went on the supercharged and last cars. The earlier cars did not have them, but of course many got them later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Va 33
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
31 Jan 2014 01:20 #26833 by Va 33
Replied by Va 33 on topic Duesenberg shocks

Joel wrote: Brian Joseph at Classic and Exotic services in Michigan has them. www.classicandexotic.com/

What I have learned from looking at plenty of J's and from talking to owners and experts:
Not all J's were equiped with front shocks. Some had only Watson Stabilators, some had Watson Stabilators and shocks, some had only shocks, and some had neither. My car has only Watson Stabilators.

Thank you, mine has only Stabilators and assumed the front shocks were missing, it does however have rear shocks?

More
30 Jan 2014 23:43 #26832 by Joel
Replied by Joel on topic Duesenberg shocks
Brian Joseph at Classic and Exotic services in Michigan has them. www.classicandexotic.com/

What I have learned from looking at plenty of J's and from talking to owners and experts:
Not all J's were equiped with front shocks. Some had only Watson Stabilators, some had Watson Stabilators and shocks, some had only shocks, and some had neither. My car has only Watson Stabilators.

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
[img

• Va 33
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
30 Jan 2014 23:15 #26831 by Va 33
Duesenberg shocks was created by Va 33
Does anyone know the correct shocks for the front of a 1931 duesenberg, also are they reproduced or available NOS?