Duesenberg J-299

• Bob Roller
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
11 Dec 2012 00:52 #24095 by Bob Roller
Bob Roller replied the topic: Maybach-Rolls/Royce/Bentley
Matt,
Other than automobile historians,few know what the Maybach was and with nearly no name recognition it would be a hard sell.There is one in the Ford Museum in Michigan but few have any idea as to the significance of the car.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2012 01:27 #24096 by landmark
landmark replied the topic: Re: Maybach-Rolls/Royce/Bentley

Bob Roller wrote: Matt,
Other than automobile historians,few know what the Maybach was and with nearly no name recognition it would be a hard sell.There is one in the Ford Museum in Michigan but few have any idea as to the significance of the car.

Bob Roller

Hello Bob,

that is the same with Duesenberg in Europe. Only a few people know Duesenberg. And almost of them know the Brand Duesenberg, as the name of a german (high level) guitar factory. http://www.duesenberg.de/en/home.html

Another cause of the "unlucky" revive of the new Maybach cars would be the car design. The today Maybach has no unique/own design, the car looks almost like a "blown up" Mercedes S-class car.

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

• Bob Roller
More
11 Dec 2012 12:47 #24100 by Bob Roller
Bob Roller replied the topic: Maybach/Duesenberg Guitars?!
Matt,
The grill of that Maybach looked too much like a 2002 Lincoln Town Car to be attractive. Ford is now trying again to save the Lincoln from extinction but unless they start making Lincolns that small boys can't "P"over the top of,I don't see much hope for the brand. Ford revived the "Zephyr"name for a "Pretend Lincoln" and it fell flat in the market.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

More
11 Dec 2012 19:46 #24105 by 61xlch
61xlch replied the topic: Re: J299/Maybach kaput>

Bob Roller wrote: Years ago,a car that supposedly looked like the SSK was sold in the USA and it used a 7.5 litre GM engine. It was called "Excaliber".

Bob Roller

The Excalibur was a "wannabe lookalike" SSK from the Seventies, made for senseless boasters. I even saw a "SSK" made of a VW beetle chassis :rolleyes:

More
11 Dec 2012 19:59 #24106 by Tom_Parkinson
Tom_Parkinson replied the topic:
Hi,

My former employer had an Excalibur. Piece of crap. So was the car.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: http://mbcurl.me/YCSE

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds