Skip to main content

What is it?

• Steve Derus
  • Registered
More
11 Dec 2011 16:37 #21614 by Steve Derus
Replied by Steve Derus on topic What is it?
My wild guess is that it's something to do with either a door or compartment, or cowl latch based on the looks of the plate, and it's countersunk holes. That might explain the electrical connections, when opened maybe it actuated a light?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bob Roller
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
11 Dec 2011 14:04 #21610 by Bob Roller
Replied by Bob Roller on topic Odd widget on LeBaron prototype
I will take a guess and ONLY a guess but I think it may be part of a rheostat to dim the direct lighting to the instrument panel. As I recall,the panel light was either off or on and for some folks including me,on was too much light. On my car that I use daily.long trips at night mean the panel is barely on and if something does go sour,the car will alert me with a squeal or a message light.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
08 Dec 2011 00:23 #21577 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic What is it?
I took the liberty of correcting the links so that the images open properly (for easier review).

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• John Baeke
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
07 Dec 2011 23:56 #21576 by John Baeke
What is it? was created by John Baeke
Restoration of the LeBaron prototype is underway. I doubt any car was ever subjected to such a thorough disassembly by a prior owner as was this one. Can anyone identify this neat machined piece? It seems to have an electrical component (with bakelite housing) and armiture (?switch) on the front. A knurled thumb wheel which does not seem connected to the electrical component, and an adjustment screw. It's anyone's guess what the stamped "7" means. I would wonder if any other LeBaron Duesenberg has something like this as my guess is this most likely came from the parts bin of LeBaron rather than Connersville or Indianapolis.

[ img802.imageshack.us/img802/2570/dsc01043s.jpg ]
[ img840.imageshack.us/img840/5535/dsc01044uy.jpg ]
[ img16.imageshack.us/img16/3138/dsc01045hz.jpg ]
[ img192.imageshack.us/img192/898/dsc01051gy.jpg ]

John Baeke