Skip to main content

I want to build an SSJ and I know I'm Crazy!

More
01 Mar 2007 05:32 #6472 by Joel
Sounds like a great idea to me, George! Good luck, I hope you get it done. :D

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
[img

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• georgealbright
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Mar 2007 03:05 #6469 by georgealbright
I want to build an SSJ and I know I'm Crazy! was created by georgealbright
I am thinking of taking one of my extra J engines and a repro frame and cut it down to 125 inch wheelbase to built a copy of a SSJ body on it. I have an original Derham cowl that is vey similar to the cowls on the SSJs.The Derham cowl is all that is left of the Beverly/Clear Vision type sedan built by Derham on J-132. Keith Brown of Indiana has a Derham convertible sedan on that chassis now.The cowl came from the Karl Kleve estate,and is all that is left of the original body.Thus I am not "wasting" an original cowl. Obviously I now need to build the doors and rear of the body. I want to do it in metal,but we could begin with fiberglass pieces and build our wood framework around them,and then skin the wood frame in metal.Does any one out there have any metal or fiberglass copies of any of the SSJ body panels? What would be trick is if I could find part or all of a left over metal SSJ body that was built by a group of guys including Leo Gephart in 1971,when they sold several replica metal SSJs with modern drivetrains. Yes I know I am crazy,and wasting alot of time and money,but what the heck! Plus I am amazed that no one has built a replica SSJ body around an original engine. OK guys blast away! George Albright,Ocala,Fla Email: <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] Cell 352 843 1624

George Albright Cell 352 843 1624

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.