Skip to main content

'34 Duesenberg Brunn Riviera Phtn - Being sold for charity

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2011 12:01 #20780 by Chris Summers
Matt, I was watching but didn't write it down. It was sold however. RM is usually pretty good about getting result prices up quickly on their website.

I forgot what a great-looking car (and what a good restoration) that is.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• landmark
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2011 11:53 #20779 by landmark

landmark wrote:

Chris Summers wrote: Anybody know who took this car home or saw it at the auction and care to report? :D Very nice car in pretty colors, although I personally preferred its 1940s triple-brown redesign with fender skirts...

Hello,

the car (J-440, former J-521, Chassis 2550) will be offered again at the RM Auction @Monterey next weekend.

www.hemmings.com/classifieds/car ... 77372.html

Matt

Hello,

does someone know if and to what price the car (J-44o) is sold?

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
16 Aug 2011 09:36 #20742 by Chris Summers
And don't forget the John Dennis family's J-450 / 2457 Bohman & Schwartz Berline, also a Gooding offering (and reportedly also ex-Whittell, but unconfirmed). I believe the engine currently in this car is J-213, renumbered. I would love to see this car get refreshed and brought back to Auburn.

Actually, I'd like to see any of these cars back to Auburn.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

• landmark
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
16 Aug 2011 08:57 #20741 by landmark

mikespeed35 wrote: Aug. 20 is yet to come.
CORDially Mike

Yes!

To complete the Duesenberg offers for that weekend; beside the (Whitell) Rigid Top Murphy coupe, Gooding offers a second Model J at its Pebble beach auction. It is the LeBaron DCP of Box champion Max Bear (J-182). As I know it is an original DCP (no later recreation body).

A wonderful car: www.goodingco.com/car/1932-duese ... wl-phaeton

Matt

Wilhelm Busch

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
16 Aug 2011 02:36 #20740 by mikespeed35
Aug. 20 is yet to come.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• landmark
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
15 Aug 2011 16:05 #20733 by landmark

Chris Summers wrote: Anybody know who took this car home or saw it at the auction and care to report? :D Very nice car in pretty colors, although I personally preferred its 1940s triple-brown redesign with fender skirts...

Hello,

the car (J-440, former J-521, Chassis 2550) will be offered again at the RM Auction @Monterey next weekend.

www.hemmings.com/classifieds/car ... 77372.html

Matt

Wilhelm Busch

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
03 Jan 2007 00:01 #6077 by Chris Summers
Anybody know who took this car home or saw it at the auction and care to report? :D Very nice car in pretty colors, although I personally preferred its 1940s triple-brown redesign with fender skirts...

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

• classic exotic service
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Jul 2006 13:21 #5093 by classic exotic service
'34 Duesenberg Brunn Riviera Phtn - Being sold for charity was created by classic exotic service
I thought the following might be of interest to the Club: My major client is donating the proceeds of the sale of his 1934 Duesenberg Brunn Riviera Phaeton, and his 1938 Type 57 Bugatti, to a charity he helped found. The cars will be sold at this year's Gooding auction at Pebble Beach - both at no reserve.

Here are the details on the sale:

J. Peter Ministrelli of West Bloomfield, Michigan, is selling his 1934 Duesenberg Model J Brunn Riviera Phaeton at the Gooding Company auction at Pebble Beach on August 20. The Duesenberg will be sold at no reserve with the proceeds being used for future charitable donations and philanthropic efforts directed to the Ministrelli Women?s Heart Center at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. The Duesenberg?s current show condition makes this car an excellent addition to any collection.

Mr. Ministrelli has a history of philanthropic efforts in conjunction with The Beaumont Foundation at Beaumont Hospital as well as other organizations. Mr. Ministrelli is responsible for establishing the Ministrelli Women?s Heart Center at Beaumont as well as MPURE: Ministrelli Program for Urology Research and Education.

As part of Mr. Ministrelli?s ongoing charitable efforts, he is also selling his one-off 1938 Bugatti Type 57 Gangloff Atalante Coupe and is donating the proceeds from the sale of the vehicle to the Ministrelli Women?s Heart Center.

As with the Duesenberg, the Bugatti will be sold with no reserve at this year?s Gooding Company auction at Pebble Beach ? 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the car will benefit the Ministrelli Women?s Heart Center. The Bugatti has the benefit of a total, 100-point restoration completed in 2005 and will also be an excellent addition to any collection.

Mr. Ministrelli?s generosity is well-noted in the community and the sale of the Bugatti and Duesenberg will add to the ability of Beaumont Hospital to expand their ongoing research in the field of women?s health. Beaumont Hospital is a 501c 3 non-profit charitable organization.

If you have any questions regarding the Duesenberg or Bugatti, or should you wish to inquire about The Beaumont Foundation, please contact me and I will be pleased to assist in any way possible. Additionally, you may contact Gooding & Company for more details: www.goodingco.com .

Leslie Dreist
Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
Curator, J. Peter Ministrelli Collection
248-269-9414 Office Tel.