Driving Auburn to Las Vegas ACD Meet

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
20 Nov 2015 04:29 #30627 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn to Las Vegas ACD Meet
I got home last night at 9:30 PM. I drove 6,000 miles in 9 days. Took 3 hrs. to drive 80 miles out of Albuquerque, snow and ice. 60 Mile an hour winds through Ok. Not a pleasant trip. Thank goodness for books on tape! Home safe though.
Cordially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2015 10:34 #30628 by landmark
landmark replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn to Las Vegas ACD Meet
Hello Mike,

that is good to hear.

Cheers

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
11 Dec 2015 20:28 #30704 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn to Las Vegas ACD Meet
FYI...Mike took the broken axle out of his Auburn and has a replacement axle ready to put in. He also took the door apart and found the broken spring. I'm not sure he has found a replacement part for that yet. There have been other repair and upkeep issues he is working on as well. The goal is to have them all ready for touring by Spring. Maybe he will even get time to work on my T-Bird, but that is last on his list.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

More
11 Dec 2015 21:27 #30705 by 1748 S
1748 S replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn to Las Vegas ACD Meet
Thanks for the repair update. Kind of wonder if the repair was found while in Arizona would you have fixed it. May have been easier than making 2 trips home thats more like 3 trips really. But not knowing how deep a person has to dig into something on the road makes good sense too.. Years ago while on vacation towing our 30 ft 5th wheel we broke down in Butte Montana. No big deal. Called bin that lives near there and he told me Milos diesel Emporium was the best shop in town. So we unhooked on a KOA. I limped the chevy C30 camper special to Milos. Short walk back to camp and had a beer. Just chillen for maybe 4 hours and Milo calls telling me its a;; fixed. Just one broken screw in rocker stud and a bend pushrod. Total was $87.50.. I gave Milo a hundred bucks and said thanks bud. Enjoyed the overnight stay and continued vacation. Normally I repair my own stuff but I was on vacation. Didn't even open the tool box for that one...

• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
16 Jan 2016 13:01 #30814 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: Re: Driving Auburn to Las Vegas ACD Meet
We have fixed on the road before as well. It was too late in the season and the weather was turning cold quickly. We decided it was better to make the double trip back for the trailer than to gamble on repairing it before the snow fell. As it was, Mike did have some nasty driving on his return trip.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds