Auburn Speedster on tour 2014

• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
23 May 2014 02:58 #27564 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: auburn Speedster on tour 2014
Thanks Joel. I appreciate your feedback!

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
23 May 2014 19:05 #27569 by jhcarlady
We left about 7 this morning and took interstates all the way. We feel like a hazard on the road as we get passed by people who slow down to take pictures as they pass. It was a glorious day to tour. It was partly cloudy with the sun shining brightly most of the time.

We arrived in Allentown around noon. Too bad I didn?t read my sheet on the agenda for the Early Bird tour in advance. It was packed in the back so we waited for arrival to check it. We drove right by Pottsville where the brewery was. Everyone had finished the brewery tour and were driving for lunch when we arrived at the hotel.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

More
24 May 2014 11:08 #27579 by Auburn1Pat
Auburn1Pat replied the topic:
WOW! What a trip you are on! Your pictures and commentary make a super travelogue and gives your readers a view of this part of America, one that you are experiencing. Say 'Hi' to Jack and Lucy for us. Also, belated 'Happy Birthday to Mike!' See you at the Auburn Warm-Up Meet in a couple of weeks.

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
25 May 2014 15:13 #27583 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: Auburn Speedster on tour 2014
Friday we drove in caravan to the Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles. This museum has a fabulous collection of local history & cars built in Pennsylvania dating back to the 1800?s. A delicious lunch was provided. Following lunch we were privileged to see their work in progress, a future Carriage Museum. Wow! After that we visited an antique store and had a delicious ice cream stop on the beautiful route back to our hotel. Everyone has a list to take photos for a scavenger hunt. Supper was with a group of ten that traveled to a nearby pub. Our car and the one following got lost and went miles out of our way to find our destination. (Nothing like getting lost when the route was a straight line) The meal was superb and the company even better. We are still laughing about it! I am smiling as I write about yesterday?s adventures?

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
25 May 2014 20:22 #27584 by jhcarlady
Today was the car show. Fabulous! Looks like a mini Pebble Beach? There is a 12 Auburn Speedster, a beautifully restored L29 Cord, several Cord 810/812?s and an assortment of other Auburns. All are parked on the lawn while club members and visitor stroll around the magnificent automobiles. Club members are in various groups visiting. Refreshments are served in abundance, and it is a beautiful sunshiny day.

Tonight is the final banquet. Awards will be presented for various things. We will say our goodbyes and leave in the morning. We are both looking forward to the trip home.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• auburnandyscar
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
26 May 2014 01:15 #27587 by auburnandyscar
auburnandyscar replied the topic:
Looks like a great trip.Thanks for the photos and report :)

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds