Auburn Coast 2 Coast 2011

• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
07 May 2011 03:46 #20026 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: auburn coast 2 coast
The trading cards we had made before we left with information about our car are passed out at every stop. It's a great time saver, when people ask about the car we just hand them a card. They love it!

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
07 May 2011 14:49 #20027 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
If you will be traveling with the Cord Convoy this summer you should have your own trading cards. See Forum for August 10, 2010 ACD Club Topics >> Put YOUR ACD car on trading cards for ordering info.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
08 May 2011 03:43 #20030 by jhcarlady

So many beautiful places to pose ?Blackie?

Clouds rolling over the mountain top.

Snow in the pass that was open.
Today we drove on the West side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains on 395. We had hoped to drive through the Tioga Pass to Yosemite NP, but the passes will be closed until the middle of June. We started out in shorts, sandals, and T- shirts, but it didn?t take long to pull out our winter coats. There were several large grades and mountain passes over 8000?. We even saw one with a 24% grade;(no, we didn?t go that way). We saw gas over $5. a gallon, signs that said you must have chains to drive on the highway, snow banks taller than Mike ( 7? or 8?), and beautiful vistas of snow covered mountains all around us. All the mountain grades were done in 2nd gear both up and down. Tomorrow we plan to go to Yosemite.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
08 May 2011 14:35 #20031 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic:
Oops, that was the East side of the mountains....

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

More
09 May 2011 00:21 #20032 by Auburn1Pat
Auburn1Pat replied the topic:
Happy Mother's Day, Joan!
You have been on the road over a month now, and I was wondering if you will be spending less, more or as much time coming back. Maybe, you are not even as far west as you want to go. What is your destination for the western end of this trip? I've enjoyed reading your postings and seeing the pictures of where you have been each day.
I think I remember that large jackrabbit from the Route 66 trip?? At least, the picture of Mike sitting on it brought back a memory.
Travel safe,
Pat

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
09 May 2011 04:15 #20033 by jhcarlady
Mike says, ?He can tell this is a Cord 810/812 owner?s mailbox, because that?s the kind of mailbox you need to get fence trim sent to you.

Farm of 50

Blackie poses again
Today, we traveled west on 50 then south on 49 through the Sierra Nevada mountains to Mariposa. Tomorrow we will tour Yosemite. We think we captured the world?s longest mailbox on film. This side of the mountain was totally different from the other side?green, no snow. There was a lot more traffic as well. It was a cold day today. We travelled with the top up. I am thankful that I didn?t ship my winter coat, gloves, scarf, and hat home.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds