Auburn Coast 2 Coast 2011

• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
21 Apr 2011 00:06 #19861 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: auburn coast 2 coast

Today, we traveled west to Weirsdale, Florida where we toured the Florida Carriage Museum. We learned lots about horse drawn carriages from our guide and the large displays. They offer a full service stables, lessons, horse boarding , training and lodging facilities on a 400 acre farm. After a guided tour, we were served a nice lunch; then we were free to explore on our own. After a tour of the stables, we chose to go on an optional tour to the Don Garlits Museum of Racing in Ocala, FL. At the carriage museum, Mike nearly stepped on a large black snake. It escaped and crawled up into the chassis. We are hoping it found a better spot to hide.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2011 00:11 #19867 by Jack
Jack replied the topic:
We are seeking a clarification: did that big black snake crawl into the chassis of your Auburn? If that is the case. Luci will never get within 50 ft of it in the future. That may even scare away the pink pig.

Jack & Luci

Change is inevitable, success optional.

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
22 Apr 2011 01:14 #19868 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic:

IMG] i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss183/joanie.../DSCN0670640x480.jpg [/IMG]
Today we left for the tour and someone pulled along side us and informed us we had something hanging down from our rear tire. Mike pulled over and checked; sure enough; the black snake from yesterday was hitching a ride. We continued on our tour, hoping our passenger was not alive.
Today, we visited the Bob Shearer collection in Sanford, FL. He has a large collection of 50?s and 60?s cars and a fabulous private museum and restoration shop. We had lunch at Dustin?s BBQ and continued to the Daytona Museum of Arts and Sciences. We cut our museum visit short so that we could get back in time to take care of our hitch hiker.
We got back to the hotel and Mike began the unpleasant job of removing our uninvited guest. Thankfully, the snake was dead, and came out in one piece.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

More
22 Apr 2011 01:53 #19869 by curt
curt replied the topic:
I have to agree with the " thank god it was dead" referencing the snake. After 30+ years finding those creatures crawling where I don't want them when fighting fires and backpacking for fun, I am a strong believer in the idea that if it slithers, it dies!

• ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
22 Apr 2011 03:20 #19870 by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
ETHAN ALLEN TURNER replied the topic: Great fun
I am very happy to have joined up for the adventure of your life time. It is nice to sit back in my easy chair and ride along with your road trip, thanks.

LIFE MEMBER #25 Man of the Year 2011 WHAT EVER WE DO FOR OURSELF DIES WITH US
WHAT EVER WE DO FOR THE WORLD STAYS
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
23 Apr 2011 12:45 #19879 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: auburn coast 2 coast
Yesterday was a day for the ladies, shopping in Mt Dora. We returned early, Our closing banquet was last night, and today we are packing and getting ready to leave.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds