Mountain Haunt

• mikespeed35
  • mikespeed35's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
07 Nov 2010 15:35 #18352 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 created the topic: Mountain Haunt
Hi All, Joan and I drove our 35 Auburn to the Mountain Haunt Meet. Had a great time as always. Consider puting the Mountain Haunt Meet on your schedule for next year, you won't regret it. That will be our last trip for the year with the L-29 Cord and Auburn. We have driven more miles this year than me ever have
. We put 2883 miles on the L-29 and 6666 miles on the Auburn. We plan on breaking the 10,000 mile mark next year as we are planning another trip to CA., this time with the Auburn. For any of you who have not taken a long trip, consider taking one. You don't know what your missing!
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2010 03:23 #18357 by curt
curt replied the topic:
Hi Mike,
If you are planning a California trip, why not make it for the West Coast Meet?

More
08 Nov 2010 12:47 #18358 by K Clark
K Clark replied the topic: 9549 miles
Mike
9549 on the 2 cars that's awesome . That's more than a lot of people put on there everyday cars in a year.
I have never done more than a few hundred at a time on my old cars. But took a trip around the perimeter of the United States in 1994 with my 1960 Triumph TR-3 Roadster. I took 6.5 weeks and drove just under 17000 miles. It was not a perfect circle So I do have an idea what it is like.
And do so very much want to do that in an L-29 or maybe my 1932 Auburn 8-100 A Sedan when I get it finished.
Ken Clark

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
08 Nov 2010 14:01 #18359 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Do it, everybody. As Mike can tell you, it is more fun than you can imagine.

The years fly by. There will never be a time when you have "nothing else to do". (Well, there will, but we don't want to think about that.) So set a time goal, and GO!

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• mikespeed35
  • mikespeed35's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
09 Nov 2010 00:11 #18363 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
Thanks for the invite Curt, but we went to the Mountain Haunt, which is one week later than the West Coast Meet and on the way home it was in the 30's and 40's. The last night we stayed with a friend in OH. and there was ice in his bird bath when we left for home in the morning. I didn't put the side curtains on for visibility reasons ond Joan and I froze. We bet on good weather and lost. That being said another trip later in Oct. is probably not going to happen. We are talking about going to the Citrus and Texas Meet on the way though.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds