He Drives a Duesenberg

More
09 Sep 2010 02:53 #17940 by curt
curt replied the topic:
Chris,
I agree with sds-- the only to learn is to drive a stick regularly. It adds a whole new dimension to the joy of driving! It is beyond description to pull up next to a kid in a modern car in my 66 shelby. He will push it hard, give those little mice all he can, as I slowly and deliberately go from 1st to 2nd! If you really want to understand a stick, get an old truck with no synchros. As others have said, once you get it, you will never forget!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • Chris Summers's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
09 Sep 2010 02:58 #17941 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
It will be something of a work in progress. I don't have a car at all at college, which is where I'm spending most of my time, so I'm learning when I can.

A Miata is in my future. I just don't know when. Call it sentimentality, and the cross-breeding of a love of MGs and an insistence upon day-to-day reliability. It WILL have a stick...an automatic in a sports car is just wrong.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

More
09 Sep 2010 14:06 #17952 by Mike Dube
Mike Dube replied the topic:

Chris Summers wrote: It will be something of a work in progress. I don't have a car at all at college, which is where I'm spending most of my time, so I'm learning when I can.

A Miata is in my future. I just don't know when. Call it sentimentality, and the cross-breeding of a love of MGs and an insistence upon day-to-day reliability. It WILL have a stick...an automatic in a sports car is just wrong.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Miatas are great little cars Chris, we have had one for a few years now, tough to beat for the fun factor. Jane has driven ours to Auburn once or twice.

Mike
8-100A

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds