'35 Auburn Coupe = 19 MPG

• auburn-kid
  • auburn-kid's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
05 Jul 2009 03:28 #13931 by auburn-kid
auburn-kid created the topic: '35 Auburn Coupe = 19 MPG
Brad and I completed a 625+ mile trip in the Auburn last weekend in route and on tours at the Bay Harbor Vintage Car & Boat Show in Northern Lower Michigan. Certainly no feat compared to the Huffman's and their L-29; but we were curious as to what kind of mileage the 851 would get on our journey. To our surprise, it was a consistent 19 MPG. Note, we are used to the thirsty Buick's of the '30s and '50s.

Also of note, we drove the scenic and challenging M-119 from Harbor Springs to Cross Village. If you ever get the chance, classic or modern, this is a drive not to miss! This 1 1/2 lane road snakes along the Lake Michigan shoreline through tunnels of trees, up hill and down hill. We drove the "straight" route back due to impending darkness and Brad's weariness from maneuvering the curves.

We've cleaned up and put the Coupe away until Labor Day. We need to get some miles on those thirsty Buick's the rest of the summer!

Happy and safe driving!

Kellie Janousek
Life Member #170

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
06 Jul 2009 02:16 #13933 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
Kellie, Why don't you take the Auburn on your office calls. Get good fuel economy and help with sales when you take the Doc's to lunch in something classy.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• auburn-kid
  • auburn-kid's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
07 Jul 2009 22:55 #13955 by auburn-kid
auburn-kid replied the topic:
Mike,

That would be a good conversation with some providers, and the Auburn actually gets better mileage than my company car does at times. The only problem is that in sales you never want the customer to think you are being too successful. I think it might give them the wrong idea!

Kellie Janousek
Life Member #170

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds