• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
10 Apr 2009 00:13 #13153 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady created the topic: L29 trip to California
Day 1- Thursday, April 09, 2009

We left home this morning at 8 AM, stopped about 2.5 miles away at the local gas station and filled up, and continued down the road about 15 miles. The sun was glaring in my eyes so I started looking for my sunglasses in my purse?no purse. So we made our first U turn to go back home and get my purse.

We are traveling country roads and staying off the big Interstates. It was a bright sunny day, however cold. We drove with the top up to Auburn. It was a beautiful drive with several ponds and tree lined vistas along the way.

We arrived at our first gas stop and Mike noticed the banner for the back of our car had ripped a tie loose. After searching for our sewing kit that is always in the car, Mike decided he must have taken it out. I called Karen & Ray Parker, who bought some needles and thread with them when they met us for lunch.

As we drove through Auburn on the way to lunch, we saw Greg Frownfelter. He turned around and followed us to the Town Tavern. We talked to him for a few minutes and then had lunch with Karen & Ray. After lunch, we drove back to the museum and were greeted by a reporter from the Evening Star, Beth from the ACD Festival, and Troy and Carrie Ackerman and their son. Before we left, we went into the museum and said Good-bye to Joey Aiken, Jon Bill and Laura Brinkman.

We put the top down and continued southwest to Kokomo for the night. We arrived around 5 PM, cold and tired. We are staying at the Comfort Inn ? Free. (hotel card)

GAS TALLY Total /
gallons price / G total day where
4/9/2009 5.9 2.059 $ 12.16 home
11.24 2.059 $ 23.14 Mottville
6 2.069 $ 12.42 Auburn
9.747 2.069 $ 20.17 Kokomo
$ 67.89

Food Tally

4/9/2009 Lunch/4 Town Tavern $ 25.00
supper Steak & Shake $ 13.78
Culvers $ 4.90
$ 43.68

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
More
10 Apr 2009 03:43 #13159 by Bill Hummel
Bill Hummel replied the topic: Trip
What a great idea. We will follow your journey across the states. We will see you on Oklahoma City next week.

Have a safe trip. Don't lose your AAA card!

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
10 Apr 2009 23:46 #13165 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
Hi All, There has been a slight glitch in our trip. No problem with the car but with the passenger. About 45 min. after Joan's post she got some abdominal pains. After consulting with our son, the family Dr., we went to the emergency room in Kokomo. She spent the night and today she is devoid of her appendix and gal bladder. The surgery was today at 1:00PM. She is resting comfortably and will be released tomorrow. The Dr. said if she feels up to it we could continue with our trip. That will be her call tomorrow. I hope we can still make the OK. Meet.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

More
11 Apr 2009 13:13 #13168 by Ohio AMX
Ohio AMX replied the topic:
I hope everything goes well and you can continue your trip in comfort.

Scott Campbell
Medina, OH

• JOEL GIVNER
More
11 Apr 2009 14:20 #13172 by JOEL GIVNER
JOEL GIVNER replied the topic:
Mike,

Hope all is well with Joan. Our prayers on her recuperation and the rest of the L-29 journey

JEG

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
12 Apr 2009 02:10 #13179 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
Best wishes on a quick recovery and continued trip.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds