driving the speedster

• mason maynard
  • mason maynard's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
28 Oct 2008 16:13 #11679 by mason maynard
mason maynard created the topic: driving the speedster
pulled the car in the garage yesterday,and noticed the odometer regestered 3045 miles. that makes aprox. 2700 miles this year.more will come despite cold weather, and no top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2008 01:05 #11684 by Mike Dube
Mike Dube replied the topic:
Hello Mace,

I changed the oil & put fuel stabilizer in last weekend. Not opposed to driving it some more, but the road salt will be flying soon. I don't know how many miles we did, since the speedo lunched on the way back from Auburn. Probably something like 1200, It wasn't a big year.

Mike
8-100A

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
29 Oct 2008 02:36 #11685 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
Congratulations to both of you, Driving is what it's all about. I put more miles on the L-29 and Auburn than I did on our modern car this summer. If all goes well will have another 6000 miles on the L-29 by mid May 09.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
29 Oct 2008 04:00 #11686 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
Mason, I agree: No top, no problem, no matter what the weather.

I went out to dinner with another reporter at the college newspaper a couple of weeks ago. She drives a VW New Beetle convertible. It was in the middle 40s out, a little breeze, clear skies.

We put down the top, put on our coats, pulled our hoods up, gunned the heater, and buzzed around the back roads of Glenville for about 30 minutes. Fun stuff.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

More
29 Oct 2008 11:44 #11689 by K Clark
K Clark replied the topic: Driving in the cold
I took My L-29 Cabriolet out of the Museum, last Dec just before Christmas and drove it around for the weekend. Quite cool, top up and with the top down LOTS of fun.
In 1994 I drove my right hand drive Triumph TR3 around the perimeter of the United States. I left Maine to come to the A C D meet over labor day, back to NY then around the country. Only took six weeks , I only put the top up twice because of heavy rain. There was definitely frost on the pumpkin before I got home.
In 1998 I drove a 1937 Ford Phaeton from Maine to Tampa leaving Maine Dec 26, there was foot of snow on top of the car in the morning in Virginia. No side curtains, no heater, Snow suit, hat and mittens.
Driving all these cars is the most fun
That is what they were built for.
Ken C

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
29 Oct 2008 15:31 #11691 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
The West Coast Regional Meet took place this past weekend. Nary a trailer in the place. Cords and Auburns drove from Seattle and from southern California. At one point we had seven Cords heading south together from the San Jose area.

Many of the cars went on the Saturday tour, a drive of about 150 miles. Top total mileage went to the Hutchinsons and Wohlwends, with round trips of 2,700 miles. I don't live that far, but between round trip and touring I put on about 600 miles. Others were between those figures.

And I never saw an ACD stopped by the side of the road.

In the meantime, the Duesenberg guys and gals are touring the Carmel CA area on day trips this week.

The cars keep getting better as they get older. (Us too?)

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds