WHAT ARE YOUR CORD DRIVING EXPERIENCES????

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Feb 2014 17:04 #27014 by
replied the topic: driving a different kind of Cord
I don't how many of you are aware of it but Tucker used left over Cord transmissions when he built his cars, electric hand shifter and all.
that makes the Tucker eligible for this thread.

The summer of about 2008 the NASA museum set up a display honoring a movie producer/director, and since one of his moves was Tucker they wanted to borrow our Tucker for the summer.

There a number of reasons a Cord will not shift properly. Old age is one, vacuum leaks, ignorant or lazy restoration, incorrect electrics, or sitting too long after a good restoration.

We had a beautifully done car, from Bob Pass, done in a dark blue. When we were getting ready to take the car to NASA it decided not to shift. " Hell no, I aint gonna do it," it says. Time would not allow us to trouble shoot and repair it, so I pulled out the rear seat and the access panel to the engine compartment. While my buddy drove the Tucker out of the trailer and into the building I was on my knees in the back seat area with a crescent wrench and pliers, shifting the transmission as he needed it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds