Skip to main content

Trunk Rack Supports for L-29

• Dick Greene
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2004 03:32 #2190 by Dick Greene
Replied by Dick Greene on topic L-29 trunk rack supports
John -- page 2. (I forgot something in the earlier reply).

Don't use the cast aluminum trunk rack brackets someone cast up and sold (sells) if you are going to install a trunk. They are OK if you only use an empy rack, but many have broken with the weight of the trunk. Body damage or loss of the trunk is the result.

CORDially, Dick Greene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dick Greene
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2004 03:29 #2189 by Dick Greene
Replied by Dick Greene on topic L-29 trunk rack and supports
John, The trunk, rack, brackets and locking bolts are totally unique to the odd size and configuration of the L-29. The trunk is narrower than most cars due to the placement of the tail light stanchions.

The cast brackets bolt to the ends of the frame through the gas tank cover and the inner ends of the bumper support brackets.

I offered you a trunk rack and brackets a few years ago, but never heard from you again. You had also wanted a complete front bumper and bracket assembly. I brought both to VA and held them there for several years. This stuff is rare and hard to find. When you do find it, buy it, cuz it doesn't lay around for long!

Regards to you and Laura. Hope you survive the many hurricanes this year without incident.

CORDially, Dick Greene

• John T. Meredith
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
24 Aug 2004 14:11 #2104 by John T. Meredith
Trunk Rack Supports for L-29 was created by John T. Meredith
Trunk Rack Supports: Are the trunk rack supports for the L-29 trunk rack specific to the L-29 or can these be found on other period automobiles? The reason I ask, is that I have a Potter trunk and the trunk rack, but no supports. The rack is just the rack for the trunk; I need the rest of it!

I would love to get the complete trunk rack! Any help is greatly appreciated.--John Meredith