Frank Yount Duesenberg and L-29

• Greg Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
12 Sep 2004 04:29 #2198 by Greg Riley
Replied by Greg Riley on topic Frank Yount Duesenberg and L-29
Any information or photo's you might have would be tremendously helpful. I hope you don't get blown away! Florida has really been though it this season.
Greg

Greg Riley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dick Greene
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2004 03:39 #2191 by Dick Greene
Replied by Dick Greene on topic L-29 Auto Show Cars in 1929
Hi Corvair Guy -- I know nothing about the "D"s at the auto show, but my father told me that all four models were on the floor and one custom which he could not identify. There was also a "show chassis" with lots of nickel and chrome.

My Dad purchased a phaeton-sedan (convertible sedan) in pearescent gray (a light metalic) with mariner blue belt rail and fender molding. This was not a Show car, but, rather, one on the showroom floor. It had Morocan grained dark leather.

Somewhere in my files, I have some more info on the Auto Show which may or may not help you. I give a look when the weather turns bad and I have to be inside. From the forecast of the lastest hurricane, that may be sooner than I hope.

CORDially, Dick Greene

• Greg Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
25 Jun 2004 22:19 #1871 by Greg Riley
Frank Yount Duesenberg and L-29 was created by Greg Riley
Guys,
I posted a photo of Frank Yount's Duesenberg and Cord L-29 in the photo area. We have uncovered a newpaper article that states that Yount took delivery of these cars the same day that the New York Auto show opend in 1929.
How likely is it that this actually happened? We have been unable to find serial numbers or other identifying information for these two cars or the other two Duesenberg's that Yount owned. At the time of his death he also owned a Pierce Arrow coupe, Austin Bantam, and a 1918 Locomobile Limousine.
I'm interested in finding out if any of his cars still exist and also "color" about what it was like to own and drive these cars in 1929. I am working on a book about his life and the Famous Spindletop Farms in Lexington, KY.
His wife is the lady who famously donated the Judkins Berline to a WWII scrap drive.
Any help would be appreciated.
Greg the Corvair Guy

Greg Riley