Was there an L29 on the "American Pickers" show?

More
04 Dec 2011 22:47 #21553 by memaerobilia
memaerobilia replied the topic:
The TV guide listed the American Pickers show it was on, as "new" this past week. I think they run a new one each Tues or Wed? but may be wrong. The guy named Frank got all excited and said he "MUST HAVE" this "Auburn Cord." From the piles of motorcyles and other parts there, I have my doubts if the son will ever get around to restoring it. As you all know, You don't just go out to the garage with a tool box and paint sprayer, this one was going to need a lot of work, but body did not look TOO bad. The DID mention that someone had wrinkled the hood pretty bad, probably by walking across it in the garage, as the only way to get in and through the garage. Fun to watch though.. :)Maybe if the son sells enough of the vintage motorcycles, he can have some restoration work done from the proceeds? I hope so...

Joe G.
hundreds of our early photos or planes, racecars, customs classics @ www.memaerobilia.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
04 Dec 2011 23:48 #21554 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
The Auburn Cord was just never quite as good as the Auburn Duesenberg...

I remember seeing pictures of the Pickers' headquarters. One of the signs out front is painted on the side of a rusted-out step-down Hudson. I'm not sure that's the kind of place I'd consider selling an old car to.

Somebody should find this guy and invite him to the Club. I've known several people who got jumpstarted on their project after seeing what the finished product could be. Or at the very least, if he does wind up selling the car, it will probably wind up in a good home.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
05 Dec 2011 01:25 #21555 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Sure it's an "Auburn Cord". There never was a "Cord Automobile Company". For that matter, since Auburn owned Duesenberg too, it was an "Auburn Duesenberg".

Chuckle, chuckle.

And here's the link:
[url:xwl0phwo]http://www.history.com/shows/american-pickers/videos/american-pickers-jurassic-pick#american-pickers-jurassic-pick[/url:xwl0phwo]

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

More
05 Dec 2011 04:15 #21556 by Tom_Parkinson
Tom_Parkinson replied the topic:
Hi,

I can identify with this young man. My disassembled Cord was my dad's. He bought it in 1950 for $150.00, and I grew up with this car in the garage. Neither he nor I had time to do much with it, so it has sat all these years.

The sentimental attraction is strong when it's your dad's car.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: http://mbcurl.me/YCSE

More
05 Dec 2011 07:08 #21557 by Tom Georgeson
Tom Georgeson replied the topic: Picker Cord
There is hope. I bought my 1936 Westchester in 1961 and got it on the road in 2006. I got side tracked a few times but now have the beautiful one you see.

More
03 Apr 2012 17:12 #22543 by red.auburn851
red.auburn851 replied the topic: Nice to see young enthusiasts
Great to see the next generation looking to keep and fix up these gems. Also, looks like a good candidate for barn finds.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds