Skip to main content

Original Sales Book?

• Justin Kerns
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 May 2010 16:05 #16887 by Justin Kerns
Replied by Justin Kerns on topic Original Sales Book?
Yes all of the photos are of the early cars that traveled across country. That is one of the reasons I think this book may have been produced by the factory - it uses what was probably the earliest in-use photography they had available. But that's just a theory....

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
26 May 2010 07:03 #16884 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic Original Sales Book?
The publicity photo of the Brougham with the lady alongside was one of four taken in Los Angeles after four prototype L-29s were driven there from Auburn. This car was given to Harry Miller as part payment for the use of his FWD payments. Note the missing front bumpers that fell off during the journey. (All this per Paul Bryant's article in the Reunion book, p. 65, where this photo appears.)

Mike, when you drove your car from Auburn to California, you didn't lose any bumpers. I guess they had the bugs worked out by 1931. :D

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Justin Kerns
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 May 2010 03:54 #16882 by Justin Kerns
Original Sales Book? was created by Justin Kerns
I'm curious if anyone knows what this is or perhaps recognizes the signature on it. This is an old photo album containing 20 8x10 photographs on linen pages. There are 9 photos of L-29's with 1929 Indiana plates and 11 photos of factory cutaway drawings showing various mechanical details of the car. I'm guessing this was some sort of salesman's album - maybe? There are no other clues other than the man's signature on the back of one of the pages.

Any thoughts or information is much appreciated!

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan