Weymann Fabric Bodied L29

• alsancle
  • alsancle's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
12 Jun 2010 02:52 #17043 by alsancle
alsancle replied the topic:
I'll put it this way. If a car has true historical significance to a particular country then somebody in that country needs to step up and make sure it stays. If the owner is willing to sell it at a discount to a countryman then good for him/her. If the owner wants to sell it to the highest bidder then that's his prerogative but hopefully someone local pay. If not, then adios.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2010 05:27 #18115 by dryesandno
dryesandno replied the topic: cheap canadian cars
well boys. i am looking forward to you guys selling me cheap those canadian cars you have of ours.....that are near and dear to my heart.

like the Canadian National Exibition supercharged cord phaeton, one of only two delivered to my home town in Toronto....now in the great USA.

like the only canadian built Pierce Arrow convertible coupe....which we have the complete history from new....owned once by the founder of our Canadian Tire Corporation, who had a right of first refusal on the car when he sold it to another Canadian. poached from our country 40 years ago and still owned by the same family in the great USA.....when the fellow discovered his right of first refusal had not be honoured and the car sold to the USA he asked the bloke....why the heck did you do that.....the reply.......you could never have afforded the price that American paid me for that car!!!!!!

like the Cadillac V16 limousine built especially for Sam McLaughlin, the founder of General Motors Canada......currently in the USA.

like the 30s one off Rolls Royce two seater Phantom coupe, thought to be the finest looking RR coupe of the period, ordered knew from England and imported into Canada by a founder of Imperial Oil whose home was in London, Ontario, not 2 hours drive west of my home town in Toronto. currently residing in the southern USA.....

like the 1939 Alvis speed 25 purchased new and imported into Canada by a grandson of the president of our Bank of Montreal, one of the top 5 banks in Canada and in the top 20 in the world, also a descendant of the famous Red Path Sugar dynasty.....now owned by a gentleman in California.

like the 1940 Cadillac V16 convertible coupe purchased new by a gentleman in Montreal, Canada, one of only two in the world, currently owned by the Off Brothers.....

the list goes on......

sure, we have pried a few good cars loose from America....but what is good for the goose is surely good for the gander!!!!!

you have our cars.....and we want em back.......so maybe we can trade you back some of your treasures.....for some of ours....ha ha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds