Skip to main content

F/S: 1932-4 Lycoming model HFB motor for L-29 (REVISED)

• georgealbright
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2006 20:21 #4282 by georgealbright
(The below info has been revised with the correct Lycoming motor model numbers that might interchange with my model HFB motor)
I just bought a 1932 Henney Hearse chassis on Ebay with a Lycoming Model HFB, 322 C.I. motor. 120 H.P. Serial # 35286. Casting #s are on the Ebay posting.According to the Clark/Kimes book, the L29 used the smaller Lycoming model FDA thru 1931. In the short lived 1932 model,they went to the larger FFA,which is the exact bore and stroke as my motor. I am not certain if this HFB is exactly like a L29 FFA ,due to my motor being mounted in a traditional manner. This motor might also work with an earlier L29,or in a late twenties or early thirties Auburn, since it has the same stroke and slightly larger bore as the Auburn and Cord 287 and 298 C.I. motors.( all series H motors have the same 4.50 inch stroke) In addition,my chart on Lycoming motors states that the model M motors are virtually identical to the model H series motors other than the accessory brackets,and manual manual verses automatic adjustment of accessory chain drive.The model HFB motor was built from 1932-34.It could possibly be used as a more powerful upgrade for an Auburn or Cord that used the above referenced series H motors. The motor out of my chassis is available for $2,500 minus the bellhousing,flywheel and clutch. You must pay to have the old owner pull the motor,and remove the bellhousing,flywheel and clutch for me. I am keeping the rest of the chassis. Shipping costs are up to you. Motor is in Bennington,Vermont. To view photos,please go to www.ebay.com Once on the ebay homepage, under "search" type in 4604967138, which is the completed auction number. George Albright,Ocala,Fla. Email: <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Post Extras:

George Albright Cell 352 843 1624

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.