Seeking Cars for Intro of Yount Book

• Greg Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
02 Mar 2005 02:26 #2918 by Greg Riley
Replied by Greg Riley on topic Thanks to Gary and Sharon
Many thanks to Gary and Sharon Vick for agreeing to bring their Duesenberg to Beaumont, TX from San Antonio. I hear they may even drive it the 250 miles. Way to go! I'm still looking for an L-29 for the event. I can promise you'll be on TV.
Greg

Greg Riley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Greg Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
11 Feb 2005 02:07 #2838 by Greg Riley
Seeking Cars for Intro of Yount Book was created by Greg Riley
My colloborator Fred McKinley and I have completed Black Gold to Bluegrass the amazing history of Frank Yount and Yount-Lee Oil Co. The book is being published by Eakin Press of Austin, TX and will be available the first week of April.
We will be hosting two different book signings this Spring. The first will be at Spindletop Hall in Lexington, KY as a black tie fundraiser for perservation of this amazing 40,000 sq ft house.
The second will be in Beaumont, TX at an invitation only dinner, and publicly at the historic Mildred Building (built by Frank Yount for his beloved daughter).
As you may know by my previous posts Duesenberg's, L-29's, Stradivarius Violins, and Saddlebred Horses figure prominently in this story. We are seeking one or more Dusenberg's, L-29's, Pierce Arrow's, and Austin Bantam's for one or both of these events. Both events will have tremendous regional press coverage. Please let me know if you would be willing to display your car.
I will shortly be posting additional never before seen photo's of the Yount cars.
Greg Riley
281-593-2502 Cell 281-630-3689

Greg Riley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.