Skip to main content

# of Berlines in existence

• John Meredith
  • Registered
More
15 Jan 2022 17:44 #44660 by John Meredith
Replied by John Meredith on topic # of Berlines
I would be very interested in talking with you. The Berline I have is I believe the second to last one built. SN 10039B but with engine FB 2346. This FB engine is supercharged. The divider is for a nonsupercharged Berline. The car has not been driven is about 1960 and has less than 10K miles on it. Please contact me off forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2022 17:37 #44659 by RKF
Replied by RKF on topic # of Berlines
Hi
I have a Berline that is being restored. Mine is apparently the last Berline made
It is all apart now and needs complete rebuild.
If you need any info about restoration I may be able to help.
Not too many exist

• John Meredith
  • Registered
More
25 Dec 2021 21:40 #44566 by John Meredith
Replied by John Meredith on topic # of Berlines
Hi Stan,
The Berline that I just purchased is 10039B, Engine FB 2346 (has had a supercharge placed on it in the distant past, but not factory)/ I'll have more information once I get the Beline transported to me. The last person owning this Berline was a person with the last name Foley. I have documentation back to 1946 that he owned the Cord. If you have any additional information on this particular Berline, please let me know. It needs a lot of work, but has a solid body and good interior.

Cheers,

John Meredith

More
24 Dec 2004 17:54 #2609 by cordman
Replied by cordman on topic # of Berlines in existence
Stan,

For the record, my Berline is number 10008B and it is supercharged, according to all who have been associated with this car, from the factory.

Hal

Hal Bjorklund

• Kevin_Reed
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Dec 2004 01:36 #2527 by Kevin_Reed
Replied by Kevin_Reed on topic Berlines
Stan

thanks for the info

kevin

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
29 Nov 2004 19:22 #2523 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic # of Berlines
My count shows 27 Berlines still exist. I didn't break down S/C - standard-with-without rear dash etc. However, there are 2 with extra long wheel base, 135"-136". According to factory production records, 27 were built as non S/C and 21 with S/C. A few on my list could be scrapped by now and a couple more could have been discovered but this figure should be very close. Each one is unique in it's own way. The standard color for the early Berlines was Geneva Blue with Blue wool interiors. 310009B was the first S/C Berline. I owned 10006b which was owned new by Vincent Bendix of Bendix Corporation. I have restored or serviced 8 to
10 of these limousines. I only know of one that has the rear dash with it's own seperate radio, most have a rear speaker and use the front radio.
The extra long wheel base models allow you to roll the back door glasses all the way down. I'm glad to see these special cars being restored and not used for parts cars.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• Kevin_Reed
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Nov 2004 01:32 #2514 by Kevin_Reed
# of Berlines in existence was created by Kevin_Reed
How many Berlines are still around? How mamy were originally produced.?

Regards

Kevin