Trans bushings

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2018 15:17 #34197 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Trans bushings
Thanks jim. Really great information. I have seen these other numbers but will need to look again and post them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2018 02:50 #34196 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Trans bushings
The original gears are marked "DGM" for Detroit Gear & Machine (some are marked DG&M. The 36 is for the year made - 1936. There should be a dash and another number after the 36 to indicate the month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
14 Feb 2018 19:30 #34165 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Trans bushings
Finally back online with MSN and Frontier Communications. I pay my Frontier bill online and it "can take" up to 72 hours to process EVEN after they post to my bill that the payment was processed. Damn fools.. they are NOT the only cable service in my area. In january I got my dec. mail in bill back in a Frontier envelope.Message said they could not process my payment because the check was damaged. Found check in half of the mail in envelope and check was still in that but.. It was CUT in half. Seems there letter opening system cut half of my envelope and check.. Soooo.Thats all fixed now... Anyway here are some pics with more to come...

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
14 Feb 2018 00:06 #34159 by 1748 S
Trans bushings was created by 1748 S
Today I started machining out second, third and fourth gear bushings. What I found I took pictures of. Each of the bushings we're found to be a split design. All the gears have the letters DGW and the number 36. So I suppose these are original Detroit Gear Works gears and bushings. The really sad part is MSN won't connect with my computer. Kind of angry too about this. So when this is working again I honestly will post pics. I need oppinnion s on my gears where the synchro's contact for gear changes.