Side plate pictures and interior info.

• Peter Mustonen
  • Peter Mustonen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
23 Dec 2017 11:30 #33918 by Peter Mustonen
Peter Mustonen replied the topic: Side plate pictures and interior info.
Thomas That would be the best solution. Dimension could be taken so so from the excisting hole but pattern would make everything much more precise. Would you be kind and make the pattern for me? my mail. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Thank you very much!!
R, peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2017 11:55 #33919 by Thomas Wilcock
Thomas Wilcock replied the topic: Side plate pictures and interior info.
Peter: I can make a paper pattern. It will be much too big for me to email it to you. I will have to mail it from the post office. You can PM me your mailing address if you wish.

More
23 Dec 2017 12:16 #33920 by Thomas Wilcock
Jonathon: My first reply did not go through so here goes again. The original body color on my car was gray. It then was repainted black sometime in the late 30's or early 40's I think. It was then painted light green sometime in the late 40's. The side panels have gray on both sides as the original color. The outside only was later painted black. The last paint job was done with everything assembled so only the section of the side panels above the fender was repainted. There is no evidence of the insides having ever been sprayed with the bituminous sound proofing coating. I have not cleaned the dirt and grease from them yet but they are definitely painted gray both sides.

More
23 Dec 2017 20:35 #33922 by Thomas Wilcock
Jonathon: I have cleaned the back of one of my side panels. The gray color is now apparent.
Attachments:

• Jonathan Richards
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
24 Dec 2017 01:32 #33925 by Jonathan Richards
Jonathan Richards replied the topic: Side plate pictures and interior info.
Mr. Wilcox, Thank you for taking the time to clean up and examine your hood lower side panels to the front fenders, Based on what you have said and the photo images you sent I think it is established that these panels were painted in body color at the factory, on both inner and outer facing sides. Thanks for the effort and good progress to you in restoration of your Model 812 Cord.

• Peter Mustonen
  • Peter Mustonen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
24 Dec 2017 02:34 #33926 by Peter Mustonen
Peter Mustonen replied the topic: Side plate pictures and interior info.
So, it looks that the fender is just screwed on this panel from the inner lip. Should there be some bars or pins holding the fender straight and not flobbing?
r. Peter

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds