Purchased Another Distributor

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
29 Nov 2017 04:40 #33829 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic: Purchased Another Distributor
The cams themselves are all the same if they have the same number of lobes but the relationship to the rotor position is not. I think that is what he is referring to.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Curt Schulze

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • 1748 S's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
29 Nov 2017 22:50 #33830 by 1748 S
1748 S replied the topic: Purchased Another Distributor
The supercharged camshaft has a much differant firing order and that makes is much differant from the non supercharged camshaft.
I really do appreciate all this great information everyone has offered too. Hope to have some finished pics posted here today too.

• 1748 S
  • 1748 S's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
29 Nov 2017 23:41 #33831 by 1748 S
1748 S replied the topic: Purchased Another Distributor
These are the finished internal parts. I used a cleaning process I learned about recently. I used 1/4 cup of Arm and Hammer laundry soda. Not the baking soda. Add the cleaner to the 5 gallons of water. Then place rebar in the water. Connect the battery charger positive to the rebar. Then suspend the parts to be cleaned off another rebar that is NOT IN THE WATER. I just hung my parts off the rebar a placed off the top of the bucket. On that rebar connect the negative line from the battery charger. Set the charger on 2 amps. any higher wont do any quicker cleaning either nor will stronger mix of cleaning soda. Be cautious because you are now making hydrogen gas and pure oxygen. It sure cleans off the rust. Whats left is a black oxide that washes or wire brushes off easily.

• Jonathan Richards
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
30 Nov 2017 03:32 #33832 by Jonathan Richards
Jonathan Richards replied the topic: Purchased Another Distributor
Good Evening Gary Parsons,
You are a wizard of electrolytic technology and a master of small parts renovation. The results are clearly evident in your post-treatment photo images of this evening. This is splendid !! Thanks for sharing, Jack Richards at Chesterfield, MO #1080.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds