Skip to main content

Undercoat

• ilikescars
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 Nov 2017 13:42 #33773 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Undercoat
Johnathan: Well done, thanks! I will have to purchase more literature to be better informed in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonathan Richards
  • Registered
More
09 Nov 2017 20:51 #33769 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic Undercoat
In an effort to provide a simple/short answer to the question posed by Mark I refer members to CORD ENGINEERING CHANGES 810 & 812 at Page 15 where under caption INSTALLATION OF BODY DEADENER , INSULATING PAPER 7 FELT the production bulletin dated 1-22-1936 specifies " 1. Body Deadener (Mortel Co. #60R In-Sul-Mat #T11248. To be sprayed on at Auburn-Connerwville plant to a thickness of not less than 1/8". The following areas should be covered: " --- there follows six (6) areas of the body structure to which the Body Deadener should be applied and this includes "Underside of front and rear fenders," In short, this is the answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• 1748 S
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Nov 2017 16:49 #33768 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Undercoat
I was told unde4 the fenders we're painted black and then sprayed with undercoat. The reason given was to cover ever black. I may or may not undercoat my fenders.

• ilikescars
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Nov 2017 16:27 #33767 by ilikescars
Undercoat was created by ilikescars
Did the factory undercoat the fenders on 812 Cord, or was it just left painted? I'm referring to black rough-looking undercoat)

Mark