Transmission Gears

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
27 Sep 2017 03:47 - 27 Sep 2017 03:49 #33605 by 1748 S
Transmission Gears was created by 1748 S
Got home today and found my gear waiting for me. They actually came yesterday but was not home then. I purchased a very nice set of 1st reverse cluster

and reverse idler gear from George Arakelian. Great ACD member to deal with too. These are very will made gears of high quality. I closely compared my

DGW cluster with what George made and they are so close to being exact I don't feel any issues using a non standard gear in my trans. Form all I have
learned these gears are far better than the oem Detroit Gear Works gears. My DGW cluster was not really needed to be replaced but.. I'm in there so why

not "make it bullet proof. My trans was "rebuilt sometime before 1961 when my father purchased the car. No idea who or when but if I knew the shop or
the person I would steer everyone away from them. I had a new lower main cluster from DGR and the worst part was the second gear snycro was missing
about 40 % of the friction material and was not found in the bottom of the case either. It was completely clean.No oil even anywhere. Also the second gea
r scncro was missing all the springs and the ball bearings. So it was not going to stay in gear no matter what. I know "way back then" owners probably
replaced what they could buy but.. Leaving out important parts...Well sounds wreckless to me.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2017 03:49 by 1748 S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.