Skip to main content

Cords on Ebay

• archiespalace
  • Visitor
13 Oct 2004 17:32 #2356 by archiespalace
Replied by archiespalace on topic E-bay Cord
Perhaps this will clear up (or muddy!) the car purporting to be Charley Cord's.It was in for a cosmetic restoration in the Early "80s in Deluxe Motors San Jose Ca.Had blower,inside exhaust and hood vents.At that time,it was owned by S.F. realtor John Ritchie who got the car from Chris Bock so the tale goes.A follow-up letter dated Oct 2,1984 from CEC (Charles Cord) 200 Court St Reno Nv to F.D.Wilson further states it was NOT the "wedding car".That car was dark Gray with no visible air intakes.A pic was inclosed taken mid Jan 1937 on a drive from Phoenix-El Paso with his wife standing by the car.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
13 Oct 2004 02:58 #2355 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic back pressure
I noticed there were two chrome, left and right exaust tips under the rear bumper in one of the pics.

It would be interesting to see how the factory would have plumbed this unconventional exaust layout.

Would it originaly have had the resonator installed on this blown setup?

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
11 Oct 2004 23:30 #2350 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Charles Cord's Car
About the maroon Cord Custom Beverly offered on eBay:

At a west coast meet in Morro Bay, CA in June of 1976 was this very nice Cord owned by Pat Fogle. I was looking it over, admiring the long wheelbase, smooth trunk, and S/C without pipes. A man came up and looked the Cord over at the same time. He was a distinguished gentleman who appreciated nice things. After he looked for a while, he introduced himself as Charles Cord, son of E.L. and said, "I think this is my original Cord that my father gave me." He said it was special ordered to hopefully get by his dad's instructions that it be a plain, unsupercharged sedan. He told me that he really wanted a supercharged convertible but that the production manager, with some cohersion from Charles, thought that the Beverly without a trunk and outside exhaust pipes would allow him a nice acceptable Cord. There is no absolute proof that I know of by serial number. It is certified under #C-287. The ownership is well documented back to 1951 but nothing earlier. I do know of another L.W.B. Beverly that has the smooth back but it isn't S/C. An article in the "Classic Car" magazine March 1st, 1974 is referred to as some proof? It is a nice car, buy it for what it is!

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• PushnFords
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
11 Oct 2004 23:22 #2349 by PushnFords
Replied by PushnFords on topic Re: Cords on Ebay

LongingaCord wrote: 1936 Cord : 1936 810 AUTHENTIC Westchester Item number: 2493113080

Look at Josh's website for a little more info on that Westchester. It is a nice website besides!

www.automaven.com/My_Cords/1974/1974.html

You'll have to research what has been done since but that should give you a little info.

Derek

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
09 Oct 2004 13:16 #2342 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Cords on Ebay
For those who don't know, Bill Hummel's "Uncle Charlie" was Charles Errett Cord, E.L.'s son.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
09 Oct 2004 06:24 #2341 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Cord Beverly
The Custom Beverly looks like my Uncle Charlie's Cord. It is supercharged, but there are no pipes on it. Notice the extra vents cut into the hood for increased airflow.

I believe I saw this car in Reno a number of times when I was growing up. I don't know where it has been lately. I cannot verify 100% that it was Charlie's car as I was very young. I am asking other family members now to see what their recollections are.

This one should be worth quite a bit if it was a "family" car.

I am keeping my eye on it. You should too! It is eBay item # 2493535976

• Kevin_Reed
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Oct 2004 00:18 #2340 by Kevin_Reed
Cords on Ebay was created by Kevin_Reed
Does anyone have any history/information on 2 Cords currently on Ebay

1937 Cord : All Models 812 Beverly Item number: 249

1936 Cord : 1936 810 AUTHENTIC Westchester Item number: 249311

Any info would be appreciated

Regards

Kevin