Skip to main content

Cord in the woods

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2017 12:29 #33520 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic Cord in the woods
a rusting relic. still some beauty left. as little as there remains....you can still easily see it is a cord. great photos.

thanks, steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Meredith
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2017 22:20 #33462 by John Meredith
Replied by John Meredith on topic Cord in the woods
When I saw this Cord, I tried to find the id plate and could not. I had been removed. I would have like to have known what chassis it was. It did have a 150 mph speedometer and the assumption is that it was supercharged.

Cheers,

John Meredith

• pcsteb
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2017 21:50 - 24 Aug 2017 04:48 #33461 by pcsteb
Replied by pcsteb on topic Cord in the woods
Any hope of identifying it from the chassis number on the stub frame?
Last edit: 24 Aug 2017 04:48 by pcsteb.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2017 20:17 #33460 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Cord in the woods
Thank you for the great additional pictures of this car. Sad to see most parts are too far gone. I'm betting someone cut out the cowl vent area long ago so it wont help me out.
Looks interesting how someone adapted the front suspension from a differant car to the original stub frames. May have cut off the trans mount are. I wonder if the trans cover was part of this modification too. I sure would have liked to see this car about 40 years ago when hopefully it had most of the bright parts. Time has really worn down this once great car. Not sure is any amount of money can "bring this one back". I will always remember this car and try to save all these pics to my hard drive and on paper. History should never be destroyed or forgotten.

• John Meredith
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2017 18:39 #33459 by John Meredith
More photos of this Cord 812.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2017 02:57 #33456 by 1748 S
Its great you were able to "save the heater". Please be careful opening the doors.Might apply some aerkroil on this part so you do not break the hinges.Actually any threaded fitting will need some Aerokroil on it.
Thanks for the great pic of the original Aerotherm name tag too.I do not have one on my original heater so will be looking for one. I recall Stan has one in the catalog.
My heater came off the firewall with a thick piece of cardboard under it with a hole template of where to drill holes to mount it. I posted pics of this a few years ago.
Still very sad to see ANY car look like this. I would have been interested in the cowl vent area but.. I saw a cowl vent on the rear trunk area and guess this "came off" with very little action. So the cowl between the windshield and hood probably is rusted thru and not any good to me. But insterested to see pics of it anyway.

• pcsteb
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2017 01:36 #33454 by pcsteb
Replied by pcsteb on topic Cord in the woods
It's sad to see any car in this condition, let alone a rare Cord. I hope that the remaining parts will find good homes.

I was thankfully able to nab the stock heater. It's pretty crusty, but that's fine. Anything can be rebuilt.
Can't wait to start restoring it.

• John Meredith
  • Registered
More
22 Aug 2017 21:36 #33452 by John Meredith
Sure, Pennsylvania. I hope that helps.

Cheers,

John

• auburnandyscar
  • Registered
More
22 Aug 2017 05:56 #33449 by auburnandyscar
Replied by auburnandyscar on topic Cord in the woods
Can you tell us what State (location) this car is in. I hauled a similar Auburn back to Indiana to use pieces of it for my car. I kind of like doing that "kind of stuff"
Thanks for the photos....

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2017 18:38 #33445 by 1748 S
What a sad ending to a once fine rolling sculpture. It appears to be melting back into Mother Earth. Some of the original front stub frame may be there but I see different schocks up front. The original steering box appears in place. So with not seeing more closeup pics I can't say what is there. I wonder if the firewall mounted voltage regulator is correct for the car.
Thanks for the great pics too.No matter condition, I still like seeing Cords in any condition. It gives me hope..

• John Meredith
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2017 14:07 #33442 by John Meredith
To All,

I had an opportunity to see this Cord this past weekend. It isn't a restorable Cord. I was unable to find the ID plate for the serial number and believe it has been removed.

The car is a 1937 Cord SC Beverly Sedan. (It had a 150 mph speedometer.) I suspect this was a custom Beverly as there is evidence of a divider in the interior and two of the door sills were much longer. The color was Orchard Green with a green interior. It has a Chrysler 324 Spitfire engine (complete) and rear wheel drive. I could not find anything of the SC engine nor transmission. It had to be a stunning Cord 812 in it's day.

The owner of the car would like it removed from the property. It is sitting next to a 1950's Kaiser that is mostly complete and restorable. The gentleman that has the car has made arrangements for a salvage/scrapyard to come in about two months to haul the cars away, once the leaves have dropped for fall. If you have a serious interest in removing this car, I am more than happy to pass on the contact information. Some of the body panels may be useful, the front stub frame appears intact, and the B pillars are present.

What the gentleman who owns the car does not want is someone calling just to see the car or inquires in reference to a specific part. He is very serious about having someone come and remove the car from the property. If you have such an interest, please let me know and I will pass on the contact information.

Hope the attached photos are useful. This Cord was at one time a truly beautiful Cord.

Cheers,

John Meredith
Attachments:

• Curt Schulze
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2017 13:35 #33398 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Cord in the woods
The email exchange above is ALL I know.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• John Meredith
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2017 13:19 #33397 by John Meredith
Hi Curt,
Already got an email off to him and hope to hear soon. Do you know where the car is located? This could really help with the restoration.
Cheers,
John

• Curt Schulze
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2017 13:13 #33396 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Cord in the woods
Why don't you email him and find out ? See his email address above.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• John Meredith
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2017 12:45 #33395 by John Meredith
I would be interested. I am restoring a 1937 Beverly Sedan. I am looking for a generator and other engine parts. Is this a supercharged engine?
Please advise.

John Meredith

• Curt Schulze
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2017 12:17 #33394 by Curt Schulze
Cord in the woods was created by Curt Schulze
This is the email exchange :
Thank you so much has my dad and I used to own a company called Pittsburgh Mustang and as an owner of collectible cars myself I would hate to not see these parts go to a good home when needed

On Aug 8, 2017 8:30 PM, "Schulze" <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Mike:
I don't have any interest as I am an Auburn guy. I can post this on the ACD website for you with your email address.
Cheers
Curt

Original Message
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 2:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Used parts

Subject: Used parts

Message Body:
I recently found hey 37 Beverly sedan in the woods on my property there are many usable parts would you be interested or could you direct me to someone that might be

Be of Good Cheer
Curt