• John Meredith
  • John Meredith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
08 May 2017 14:48 #32879 by John Meredith
John Meredith replied the topic: 812 SC Beverly for sale
Hi Curt,

Sure, that would be great. Can you contact me off the forum? I have a listing in the membership directory.

Cheers,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2017 15:23 - 08 May 2017 16:43 #32880 by johnmereness
johnmereness replied the topic: 812 SC Beverly for sale
x

JMM
Last Edit: 08 May 2017 16:43 by johnmereness.

More
08 May 2017 15:34 - 08 May 2017 15:46 #32882 by johnmereness
x

JMM
Last Edit: 08 May 2017 15:46 by johnmereness.

• John Meredith
  • John Meredith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
08 May 2017 15:40 #32883 by John Meredith
John Meredith replied the topic: 812 SC Beverly for sale
Thanks! I will give Doug a call.

More
08 May 2017 15:42 - 08 May 2017 15:45 #32884 by johnmereness
Hopefully, it currently has an original style engine in the car (there was a proper year non-s/c engine in the car at the time Doug had it for sale) whether it a non-s/c type or an s/c type verses the original serial # engine block - a bare block finding its way back into the car (that was included at time, but not in the car) - Doug was pretty clear with me at the time that the there was an existent, though very slim chance the original engine could be repaired but it would be a herculean effort of technology, near cost prohibitive, and .... (I believe he said it had severe cracking due to frost damage - I did not even bother to take a look at the included block based on his comments). Doug is fairly accessible - call Felix at ACD Factory / Parts Company and ask to speak with Doug = 918-251-3161 factory, 918-812-4070 cell.

JMM
Last Edit: 08 May 2017 15:45 by johnmereness.

More
08 May 2017 16:39 #32885 by johnmereness
When Doug had the car he called me about two months prior to Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival and in that period of time I called all the Kings Horseman and was able to source most all the cars needed to get S/C into the car. I have gone down the putting S/C back trail several times now and about the best pricing I have been able to find most the parts is about 15K (and I am told that I was very resourceful - especially for quality parts). I have plenty of people tell me S/C is not all that great for regular touring/driving and I have had plenty of people tell me that S/C is not too much a problem and that I am mechanically inclined enough to master it. My dad usually is kicking and screaming when I look at a Cord (his cousin had one for a while in the 1950's and he has had plenty of friends with them over time) and he has only recently become more receptive to Cords - that being said I am now restoring an Auburn 852 Phaeton (non-S/C) and he is pleased with that choice. I will say that pre-1953 (1953 being introduction of power steering and brakes on various cars), a well sorted Cord is perhaps the best driving car and an Auburn is a close second - far better road feel than anything contemporary to each.

JMM

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds