Gener-Nator

• Terry Cockerell
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
09 Feb 2017 00:38 #32469 by Terry Cockerell
Terry Cockerell replied the topic: Gener-Nator
Henry Portz fitted one to his 812 Cabriolet. I believe it looked the same as the original generator and worked like a charm.
Henry's cabriolet was extremely accurate. Email him or give him a call. He is in the Directory.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2017 01:09 #32470 by 1748 S
1748 S replied the topic: Gener-Nator

Terry Cockerell wrote: Henry Portz fitted one to his 812 Cabriolet. I believe it looked the same as the original generator and worked like a charm.
Henry's cabriolet was extremely accurate. Email him or give him a call. He is in the Directory.

This is true. I spoke when Henry about this upgrade.He felt it was well worth it to improve his car. I saw his cab when it had less than 100 miles on it at the Santa Maria meet a few years ago. It was gorgeous in every way. He worked on that car for over 30 years.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
09 Feb 2017 09:44 #32471 by Terry Cockerell
Terry Cockerell replied the topic: Gener-Nator
100 miles on the clock, you got there later than me. When we visited Henry at his home in 2011 he gave me a short drive. I watched it turn over to 67 miles. That car was amazing, it really was a pity he didn't keep it as it was just so perfect in every detail. Actually we ran out of fuel so I flagged a passing car which stopped and took Henry home to get some gas. So here I was in a foreign country ( I'm an Australian ) sitting in one of the best Cords in the world enjoying the ambience .................................. and I couldn't even steal it! It was not long before Henry returned and we were mobile again. What an experience that was. I think Henry spent around 32 years of his spare, spare time from working on other peoples Cords on his own magnificent cabriolet.

T cockerell

More
09 Feb 2017 12:20 #32472 by Emporator
Emporator replied the topic: Gener-Nator
Not what I was asking, Mike. Thanks for your two cents worth though.

More
09 Feb 2017 14:14 #32473 by pete kelly
pete kelly replied the topic: Gener-Nator
I am with Mike on this; original equipment works well.
My 31 Auburn was original and I never in 10 years of driving ran the battery down.
Pete

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
20 Feb 2017 09:07 #32521 by Tim Gilmartin
Tim Gilmartin replied the topic: Gener-Nator
I have used a gener-Nater for about ten years now. No problems. Battery stays fully charged.
Tim.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds