Skip to main content

Stamp(s) of approval

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
28 Nov 2016 00:39 #31949 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Re: Stamp(s) of approval
There are far too many new stamps out there to be considered of any value as investments.
Very old stamps are a different proposition especially the unperforated type.
Quite a few years ago a parcel came in the mail with three stamps of the same denomination but two had faults and they were different to each other. I thought I had found a small pot of gold. I approached a stamp dealer who offered $1.00 so I figured he was a thief. I tried others with the same result.
Modern stamps even with imperfections are worthless.
The stamp from Bhuta with the red S/C Westchester looks pretty eye catching. Why didn't the company offer red as a standard colour ................................ Cords are certainly HOT cars.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Emporator
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Nov 2016 04:17 #31947 by Emporator
Replied by Emporator on topic Re: Stamp(s) of approval
Huh, how about that. Yeah, I was being a bit facetious - of course it's a profit thing. Thanks anyway for your $0.02, Mike.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
26 Nov 2016 00:07 #31946 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Re: Stamp(s) of approval
They sell stamps to make money, not because they adore the cars. The same way with our special stamps in the US. If you buy a stamp and don't use it, that's a nice profit margin.
My Dad was a mail carrier and left me full pages and corners with the page serial numbers on them. I am told by stamp collectors the way to get the most money for them is to use them on letters. They aren't even worth face value.
Cordially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Emporator
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Nov 2016 09:50 #31944 by Emporator
Stamp(s) of approval was created by Emporator
Hi folks,

Now, I'm not given to philately, but upon finding out the Cord 810/812 adorned a few stamps I simply had to get 'em. Once again, eBay has proved a boon in this scouring, having previously lent itself to helping me amass copies of original Cord advertisements.

One thing I found most intriguing with these stamps were the countries of origin - who'd have thought the good folks of Somalia held the Cord in such esteem! Who would credit Bhutan with honouring the Cord 812 with a quasi-3D stamp? Not I!

Do hope you enjoy the spread. Is anyone able to tell me if there's absences in this meagre collection? Surely a car of such stature would warrant more, but I've yet to encounter further stamps featuring the 810/812.

Kindest regards,

Thomas
Attachments: