Fog Lights

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Aug 2016 03:56 #31614 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Fog Lights
Now thats a great question as to correct black or chrome mounting brackets. At this point I'm guessing both are concidered correct but await an official response..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Emporator
  • Registered
More
29 Aug 2016 02:24 #31612 by Emporator
Replied by Emporator on topic Re: Fog Lights
Which is considered factory correct - the black or the chrome brackets?

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
25 Aug 2016 04:00 #31599 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Re: Fog Lights
I have seen clear lenses (just like the amber lenses - had same white ring on lense) and what happens point score wise if I have a set with clear lenses?

Chrome or painted brackets (have seen both in unrestored condition over time via ebay and ....) ?

Cord emblem or no cord emblem ?

What is the best choice of wire ?

As mentioned, I keep hearing there is a science to Cord Fog King Teleoptic lights and best to keep asking the scientists.

JMM

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
24 Aug 2016 17:33 #31596 by 1748 S
Thanks Pete Kelly. I have never seen these thin lense rims or the lense or the brackets. I have seen plenty of buckets but now even those seen might be suspect as to being correct type and diameter. I suspect the only real sure place to "find" a set of these is the Sept. meet. And again the cost of making 1 more judging point seems too costly. A hood lock or winged emblem gets the same single judging point and a lot less costly... But the Fog King lights look so nice on ANY Cord.

• pete kelly
  • Registered
More
24 Aug 2016 16:13 #31595 by pete kelly
Replied by pete kelly on topic Re: Fog Lights
Pics of lens and bracket and note small rim
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
24 Aug 2016 14:10 #31594 by 1748 S
Thank you very much for the heads up on the Fog King lights. I really had no idea there was a "black science" to what is considered correct. The light I purchased has a sealed beam clear lense in it and I realize that is not the lense the judging looks for. I have found 2 sets of lights with the correct amber lense. No idea if they are sealed beam or not. Sure may ask if I decide to purchase a set of them for the lense. Still really not sure what the "correct" brackets look like.
All these "correct" fog lights give me in judging is 1 point. So for the expenditure it seems really expensive for 1 point.

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
24 Aug 2016 04:02 #31592 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Re: Fog Lights
I think you can get these to work, but if doing a high point car you will need to ask a lot of questions - I understand there is a near science to Fog King Teleoptic lights for Cords. Perhaps someone has cast the "Cord style" brackets. And, you may need reflectors too if these are sealed beam.

JMM

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Aug 2016 16:14 #31569 by 1748 S
Fog Lights was created by 1748 S
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI found this fog king fog light on ebay and offered what I paid for it. Is this the fog light I need for the Cord? I realize I still need a mounting bracket and the ultra rare amber lense with the white line. Of course I have seen the incomplete pair with the rare correct lense for $1400.00 in Santa Barbara Ca that have been listed for about a year on ebay too. ... EBIDX%3AIT