Skip to main content

EE15 Carb Repairs

• Pat Leahy
  • Registered
More
21 Jun 2016 15:21 #31284 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic Re: EE15 Carb Repairs
I purchase my rebuild kits from Daytona Carb in Florida. They are in stock and have additional parts available.

Here is a link:
daytonaparts.com/

Pat Leahy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
20 Jun 2016 15:42 #31282 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: EE15 Carb Repairs
Well it has been several weeks since I sent the Carb repair shop in Ontario Canada an email asking about my EE15 restoration.. No answer so far so I will send another email; today. I will NOT call them. Of all the possibilities available I chose to contact them about restoration based on this forum advice. I trust advice given here too. Now if they can't or wont respond to my second attempt.. I will choose another business. As it is I will be shipping internationally and from the west coast to nearly the upper east coast. Heres hoping I get an answer this time.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
11 Jun 2016 22:44 #31245 by 1748 S
Goggle Chrome would not allow me to post pics so here I am on Internet Explorer. :rolleyes:

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
11 Jun 2016 22:37 #31244 by 1748 S
A few days ago I finished the carb. I have not yet purchased a rebuild kit because I have not heard back from the Canadian repair shop on restoring my carb. I'm not happy with the aluminum look of the carb. It appears to have seen some salt that damaged the finish. I want that restored before I install it on my engine. I would have posted these pics sooner but.. Your web site was attacked but repaired. I found out last night I could use it again and will attempt posting pics here using Goggle Chrome. If not able to use Chrome I will use Internet Explorer as usual.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
31 May 2016 17:43 #31197 by 1748 S
So a few days ago I was putting my carb back together just for the experience and found this. Best I can say is this carb was rebuilt sometime before we got it in 1961. I have records on this car back to 1949. Since then it has had 2 owners other than my father and me. I have no idea when this gasket shrunk like this but now I'm glad I felt a restoration of the crab was in order. Can't imagine the fire under the hood driving down the road from this...
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
26 May 2016 20:52 #31156 by 1748 S
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationBesides the price. I do not see any differences in these carb rebuild kits. Of course I will purchase the least costly kit because that is the way business works. But is there a better kit to buy out there?

... EBIDX%3AIT
... EBIDX%3AIT

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
25 May 2016 19:12 #31136 by 1748 S
Thanks for the great pics and the detailed explanation of this missing parts on my carb. Big question now is do I really NEED these missing links and plungers??? My car does not have the auto choke like is in the detailed information. Mine is all manual with every piece of linkage working well. Same with the manual throttle control on the dash quadrant.

More
25 May 2016 14:50 #31132 by DavidK
Replied by DavidK on topic Re: EE15 Carb Repairs
These pages might help. Dave

[img

[img

[img

[img

• Thomas Wilcock
  • Registered
More
25 May 2016 12:20 #31129 by Thomas Wilcock
Replied by Thomas Wilcock on topic Re: EE15 Carb Repairs
There is a linkage that goes through the butterfly and goes down into the carb body. I have not yet done anything with my carb so I don't know what this linkage is for. I will try posting pictures.
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
24 May 2016 03:01 #31119 by 1748 S
Whats missing from my choke butterfly???
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
23 May 2016 04:28 #31118 by 1748 S
Tom I have not looked into any rebuild firms but.. Living in the southern California area I have probably 30+ shops withing 25 miles of me to choose from. At this point I may have a shop "boil out" my carb. I used what we can purchase from any auto parts stores to boil it out so far but not exactly happy with the results. As for actual rebuilding it. I plan to do that myself. I really have not found anything exotic like a mid 70s Rochester Quadrajet carb with all the numerous setting needed to "make it run". These EE15 carbs have 2 needle jets and the setting is simple. Set them at about 1/2 turn out. Then close them off till the engine bank starts to stumble. Then back it out till it runs smooth. Do the same on the other needle and your done. One side of the 2 barrel carb feeds one side of the engine. Really kind of rudimentary really. There is a throttle screw plus setting the float level. Nothing more to it really. Three screws removes the lower cast iron body throttle plate section. then maybe 6 or 6 screws removes the top section with the choke plate. Just remember that left hand thread screw that the accelerator pump arm is secured to the upper body with. Very simple really. I have not purchased a rebuild kit yet but the 36 & 37 ebay Cord parts forum has plenty of different rebuild kits as does one offered by Stan.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
22 May 2016 23:29 #31113 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Re: EE15 Carb Repairs
Thank you, George. I sent them an email concerning my carb.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• George van Nostrand
  • Registered
More
22 May 2016 19:19 #31111 by George van Nostrand
Replied by George van Nostrand on topic Re: EE15 Carb Repairs
I can recommend WWW.carbrebuilders.com for all types of carbs. late model, antique , marine . Is located in Oshawa Ontario. Also updates carbs for ethanol gas.
George.

Restoring 1936 Cord Westchester sedan.2023 A

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
22 May 2016 18:11 #31110 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Re: EE15 Carb Repairs
Hi Gary,

My carb--presumably an EE15 on my 36-built renumbered 37--has not seen daylight since 1950 when it last had gasoline in it.

My track record on rebuilding carbs isnot good. Do you, or the Club, know of a reliable Stomberg EE15 rebuild service?

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
22 May 2016 00:08 #31108 by 1748 S
EE15 Carb Repairs was created by 1748 S
Today I felt like opening up my Cord Carb. See what I find. It has NEVER been rebuilt in the last 55 year of our ownership. Found a couple of really stuck parts that required some Aerokroil and heat. One jet and the pin that holds the float in the body. Gradual heat enough to see the Aerokroil boil on the surfaces and a slight tap with a finnish hammer on the heads is all it took. But it was several attempts doing that.
Anyway I knew before hand we have a left hand thread somewhere on this carb. Figured it could only be the float pin chamber where the fuel flows in from or.. The lever arm for the accelerator pump.. Well it was the lever.. Sadly someone before me did not know this was a left hand thread and used some vice grips or a small pipe wrench and buggered the end a little along with stripping out all the threads in the aluminum body.. No big deal to repair either. Some JB Weld or other good metal repair products I know of like Belzona if I could get it in a small enough amount. That stuff is expensive. So here are some pics if this Goggle Chrome will allow me to post them.. If not I get to use Internet Explorer again for pic posting...