Skip to main content

Ebay Wheel Cover

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
15 May 2016 04:41 #31076 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Re: Ebay Wheel Cover
Hi Gary,

This is Henry Portz's response to my question on the "un-holy," or "solid," wheel covers:

<strong>"Tom , The "factory" in Auburn had these made & was selling them in 1948 for $20 a set (4) . That is when I got my first Cord , an 812 Westchester that was originally ruby maroon metallic color . 31631F Henry"</strong>

My dad bought a set of these solid covers sometime after August 31, 1950. I bought "holy" reproduction in the late 70's or early 80's. I deduce that the solid ones were not original 36's.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 May 2016 00:16 #31075 by 1748 S
Ebay Wheel Cover was created by 1748 S
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationCan anyone tell me if this is an original wheel cover for the Cord? I went to look at it but felt is might be a repop because the holes appeared to be smaller but then again it looked like it could very well be an original because it was heavy and the rubber around the edge was very worn and dried out. If it was original where could you find 3 more so the set would match up? I have a very nice set of what I believe to be original 36 covers. These do not have the holes in them for cooling but are very nice. Just need to be re chromed.
... EBIDX%3AIT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.