Front Spring

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 May 2016 06:47 #31071 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Front Spring
Thanks everyone for all the great tips on types of friction reducers for the springs. I do not have any tractor sales places as mentioned anywhere near me but sure am going to start a search. Really not any farm communities within 60 miles of where I live.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• George van Nostrand
  • Registered
More
13 May 2016 21:37 #31070 by George van Nostrand
Replied by George van Nostrand on topic Re: Front Spring
John Deere dealers sell Graphite Lubricant TY25798 in quart tins. Clean the spring leaves and paint it on . Gives a nice ride.

George.

Restoring 1936 Cord Westchester sedan.2023 A

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
13 May 2016 19:34 #31068 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Re: Front Spring
Gary: I used a graphite impregnated paint. You don't need to use much. Can't think of the name of it, but you can purchase it at farm implement, farm supply stores. I did the rear springs also. Josh wrote an article about lubricating springs.
Tim.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
13 May 2016 15:59 #31067 by 1748 S
Front Spring was created by 1748 S
So I'm nearly finished with my front spring restoration and was wondering what type of grease or anti friction material should I use? I realize we have so many different ideas like nuclear grade anti seize or extreme high pressure grease like the Red waterproof wheel bearing grease used for boat trailers. Or just not use anything and allow the metal to slide on metal. I do polan using something. The Kano Labs company makes all kinds of high pressure friction reducers too. I use their Aerokroil on any gummed up or rusted nuts and bolts. It also works very well as a tap fluid too. Will post pics later of finished spring.